chapter nine

"Holy shit. I'm kissing Sana," Chaeyoung thought, "I'm fucking kissing Sana!"

The two were friends for almost two weeks now. Is it really okay for them to be kissing? The thing that confused Chaeyoung most was that Sana initiated the kiss. So, does that mean Sana likes Chaeyoung? We don't know.

The two release and pant to catch their breaths.

"Wow... Y-You... you-"

"I kissed you," Sana chuckled, "Yeah, I know."

"Why? Why did you kiss me?" Chaeyoung asked.

"You're cute, that's why," Sana answered simply.

Chaeyoung ran her fingers along her lips because it's still so surreal to her that her and Sana just shared a kiss.

A Kiss.

"I can give you another one to let you know that you're not dreaming," Sana winked.

"N-No!" Chaeyoung exclaimed immediately, "I... I'm okay."

"Whatever you say, pumpkin," Sana giggled.

"P-Pumpkin..?" Chaeyoung thought.

Sana laid down on the sand and rested her arms behind her head. Chaeyoung laid down next to her and felt Sana's arm wrap around her body, making Chaeyoung shift closer to Sana's body.

"I want to stay like this," Chaeyoung muttered, "Forever."

Sana chuckled, "Ah, you're adorable. But yes, I agree. I want to stay like this forever as well."

The two were laying in a comfortable silence and Sana began to speak, "I wish it was all different."

"What do you mean?"

"Everything. I'm known as that bitchy popular girl that has friends that I know are just using me for popularity," Sana continued, "Everything that happened to me isn't genuine. Everyone's fake because they know I'm rich and they know I'm well known. They're just using me, no one really cares. Everyone except you. I feel comfortable with you, Chaeyoung, I really do. I feel like you bring out the best in me."

Chaeyoung smiled, "I know you, Sana. I know that you're not what everyone says you are. Yes, you did bully me and was a bitch towards me but that's only because you yourself was hurting on the inside and took it out on me. I understand, Sana, I understand why."

"I still feel bad," Sana looked down.

Chaeyoung tapped Sana's cheek, "Hey," Sana looked up and met with Chaeyoung's eyes, "Stop saying that. It's all in the past and it's time to move forward. I forgive you, okay? Like I said, I completely understand why. I can finally see your true colors, Sana, and they're beautiful."

Sana smiled widely and leaned in, causing their noses to bump graze against one another. She carefully removed Chaeyoung's glasses.

"Is it okay if I kiss you again?" Sana whispered against Chaeyoung's lips.

"By all means, be my guest," Chaeyoung smiled.

Sana chuckled softly and connected her lips with Chaeyoung's once again.

It's been two weeks since the kiss, one month since they became friends in the first place. They never talked about the kiss since then but, they hang out frequently and are always together outside of school. Whenever Sana walks by Chaeyoung in the hallways with her friends, she'll subtly wink at her which causes Chaeyoung to turn her cheeks into a rosy pink color.

Tzuyu and Dahyun still doesn't know about the kiss. Neither does Mina. Speaking of Mina, Chaeyoung hasn't heard from her in a while. She sees her everywhere but they don't talk. Not even a glance is spared. She recently saw that Mina befriended their student body president, Jihyo.