chapter thirteen

"I already f-fell?" Chaeyoung stuttered.

"By the looks of it, yeah," Dahyun answered.

Chaeyoung sat down as she tried to take it all in, "I already fell," She muttered in disbelief.

"Saying it in disbelief isn't going to make it less true," Tzuyu stated as she sat down next to Chaeyoung.

"So, what are you going to do now?" Dahyun asked as she sat down on the other side of Chaeyoung.

"I... I don't know," Chaeyoung uttered.

Dahyun and Tzuyu looked at each other and sighed. Tzuyu spoke up, "You should just tell her, Chaeyoung."

"I-I can't possibly do that," Chaeyoung said.

Dahyun furrowed her eyebrows, "And why not?"

"I'm... scared."

Dahyun rolled her eyes.

"Look, Chaeyoung, it's better if you just tell Sana how you feel because if you keep your strong feelings for her inside, nothing's going to happen and when you do decide to... c-confess, it might be too late," Tzuyu said softly.

Dahyun looked at Tzuyu with sympathy and met with her eyes. Tzuyu automatically looked away. Dahyun sighed as she can tell that Tzuyu's words were aiming at her and not at Chaeyoung.

"But, what if she doesn't feel the same way? Then, what'll happen?" Chaeyoung asked.

Dahyun sighed, "I don't know, Chae, I don't know Sana as well as you know her. Just do it because you'll never expect what the outcome might be."

Chaeyoung just sat there, not knowing what her next move might be.

It was lunch on Monday. Chaeyoung was still out of her mind.

She fell for Sana. She's not crushing or falling. She already fell.

Chaeyoung looked over and saw Sana smiling at her. Chaeyoung looked down and shyly smiled because something that soft and gentle warms Chaeyoung's heart.

"Hi," Sana mouthed with a tiny wave.

Chaeyoung giggled and waved back, "Hey," She mouthed.

"May I have your attention!" A voice that spoke unexpectedly from the speakers.

"A big reminder that the annual Winter Formal is coming up! We have posted flyers all around the school earlier this week informing you on what will be happening on Winter Formal night so feel free to give them a read. Make sure to purchase your tickets before the deadline, which is the end of this week! If anyone has any questions, you are allowed to stop by the main office. Thank you and enjoy the rest of your day!"

Winter Formal? Oh shit, Winter Formal!

"Ooh, Winter Formal, I forgot about it!" Tzuyu exclaimed, "Chaeyoung, this is your chance!"

Chaeyoung turned her head, "H-Huh?"

"Yeah! You could ask Sana to accompany you to the dance!" Dahyun chimed in.

Chaeyoung widened her eyes as she began to sweat.

"I... uhm- I don't know, you guys-"