chapter twenty

"Chaeyoung! I'm sorry!"

Chaeyoung turns around and sees Sana in the distance. Chaeyoung's eyes soften at the sight of her and saw Sana jogging towards her.

"Chaengie..." Sana pants, "I-I'm so sorry. I... I didn't know. I'm sorry."

Chaeyoung pouts as she takes Sana into an embrace, reassuring the girl that it'll all be okay.

"Sh... It's okay, it's okay. I forgive you," Chaeyoung caressed Sana's head, "It'll be alright."

"I-I love you, Chaeyoung, I really do. Please never forget that. I love you..."

"Chaeyoung? Chaeyoung! Get your lazy ass up and eat breakfast! Your shitty food is becoming cold."

"Hyejoo. Tone it down," Wendy said. Hyejoo rolled her eyes and went back to the dining room.

Chaeyoung lifted her head and checked her phone. 6:43 am. Fuck, it was only just a dream.

"Coming," Chaeyoung replied weakly. It's been a week since the fight and neither of them are feeling any better.

She got out of bed and immediately saw herself in the mirror. She looked horrible with her bangs sticking up, her hair tangled and her eye bags being bigger than ever.

"Jesus, my god," She mumbled.

She took a couple of minutes to get herself ready a bit. It's not the best but it's better than what she looked before. She exited her bedroom and went downstairs to find Hyejoo and Wendy sitting and eating.

"Morning, sleepyhead," Wendy chuckled, "Did you get a good sleep?"

"No, Wannie," Chaeyoung muttered, "Not at all."

Wendy frowned sympathetically as she continued to eat her breakfast.

"So," Chaeyoung sighed, "Enough about me," She turned to Hyejoo, "Are you and Chaewon like officially dating?"

Hyejoo choked on her waffle as she didn't expect such a straightforward question.

"Erm," She paused to cough, "Yeah. I guess so."

Chaeyoung smiled, "Congrats, Hye. You deserve it, honestly."

Hyejoo smiled genuinely which warmed Chaeyoung's heart because this is the first time Hyejoo experienced real love in her life and Chaeyoung's happy to see it blossom right in front of her.

"Thanks."

"So, have you seen or talked to her since the parking lot incident?" Wendy asked Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung sighed and shook her head, "Not at all. She still attends school and shit but she isolates herself from everyone except Irene. She doesn't even talk to anyone else and I haven't seen her beautiful smile in ages. I really fucked up, huh?"

"Come on, Chaeng, it wasn't even your damn fault," Hyejoo groaned, "Someone edited that shitty video to make you look bad. Why do you feel so guilty for?"

"Because I was such a coward and didn't have the chance to explain myself quicker."

Wendy sighed and grabbed Chaeyoung's hand, "Look, just give her space. Clearly, she's really beaten up about this. When you can tell she's feeling a little better, try and talk to her."

"I guess that's a good idea but, seeing how incredibly hurt she is breaking my heart," Chaeyoung murmured.

Hyejoo frowned, "It'll be okay. Give her time to heal."

Wendy chuckled softly a bit, "Damn, Hye, since when were you the comforter type?"

Hyejoo rolled her eyes and scoffed, "Oh, shut up," She looked at her phone to check the time, "Shit, I gotta go. Chaewon's going to be here any minute."