1

The loud ring of the bell awoke Marinette from her sleep. She lifted her head a little and peaked with one eye, wanting to see what was going on in the classroom now. Students were coming in and out of the class, they were all loudly talking to each other, giggling at words been spoken to them. Marinette stretched her arms, and rubbed her eyes, this time fully away. She was glad and surprised that no one had disturbed her from her 10 minutes sleep, but people were so busy talking about the new student, why even would they?

"Oh look!" What Marinette had feared came true too quickly. She wished she could just fall back asleep and wouldn't have to listen to the words been said to her. She wished the words that were been said to her wouldn't hurt her as much as the others wanted it to. Chloe Bourgeois walked up to her and slammed her hands on the desk. "Marinette has finally woken up. Oh, the fatty has the guts to even sleep in class!"

All around her, Marinette could hear laughter as people pointed at her. She lowered her head, hoping Chloe wouldn't take interest in her anymore, but instead, Chloe continued. The blonde reached over and grabbed her hair, tugging on it. "What is it, Marinette? Too weak to fight back, is that it?"

Marinette grabbed unto Chloe's hands, wanting to remove them from her hair. Chloe yanked her hair forward before releasing her hands. "Don't touch me, you pig! Don't you know a famous person is starting school here?!"

Marinette wouldn't know, after all, nobody told her anything. She kept her mouth zipped shut, thankful that Chloe was now walking to her desk. The students around gave her disgusted looks, pointing fingers at her like she'd committed a crime, whispering to others about her as if she was some dangerous person. She ignored them all anyway, and just placed her head gently on her desk.

Then the door opened, catching a lot of students' attentions. It even got Marinette to look up, to see who it was this time. The teacher walked inside, and walking in behind her was the famous new student everyone had been talking about. Marinette tried to get a closer look, but by now everyone had already crowded around him, shooting out a bunch of questions for him, trying to touch him as if he was some gold they all needed in their lives.

"Alright, alright students, why don't you let him get settled in first?" The teacher chuckled as she watched the students head back to their seats. Chloe took her seat and patted her hand on the one beside her, then she gave a small wink towards the new boy, motioning for him to come sit down.

Marinette had to admit, he was pretty. No wonder he was famous. He had this amazing smile, this good-looking face, and he looked like the kind of guy who would be nice, but over the past few months that Marinette had been in this school, she'd learnt that looks were deceiving. A boy could look nice but have the heart of a demon. Trust nobody, she would tell herself everyday. Just 15 more days left. 15 more days and you'll be out of this hell hole.

The boy at first seemed to look up at Marinette, and when he did, Marinette instantly looked away, a little surprised that a boy like him had even dared to take notice of her. Chloe seemed to look back as well, wanting to see what the boy was looking at. When she looked at Marinette, she gagged before turning back to the boy. "Don't worry about her, Adrien. She's always like that. Such a fat loner that nobody likes."

Adrien. Marinette looked down at her desk once again, afraid to look at the boy now. Adrien. So that's his name. It sounded nice. She wanted to say it out loud, but afraid of the reactions she was going to get. Chloe had now talked bad about her to the new boy, there was no way she had a chance now.

"Chloe! That's not nice. Stop!"

Marinette widened her eyes at the words, her heart beating faster, pounding inside her chest. That was the first time during these past 10 years that anybody had even spoken good of her. She could hear the loud gasps of students, the loudest gasp coming from Chloe herself. Marinette turned to look down at her feet, a small blush forming on her cheeks.

"Right, you're new," Chloe let out a soft chuckle. "But believe me, Adrien, once you see the kind of girl Marinette is, you'll regret ever saying those words." And when she said those words, everyone laughed. Everyone but Adrien himself. He looked down coldly at Chloe, a look of disgust and displease mixed together on his face. He then slapped Chloe's hands away from him and suddenly started walking towards Marinette.

"That's just what you think!" He said out loud, before sitting himself down right beside Marinette. Marinette tried not to look at him. She felt embarrassed, sort of wanted him to leave, as now every eyes were on her. She hated getting attention, and that was what she was getting now. She hated the looks everyone were giving her, the way they whispered to each other. She hated the way Chloe formed a glare and sent it directly at her. She hated the fact that now the most famous guy was sitting next to her.

Please leave, she wanted to say out loud, but the amount of courage she needed to have to say those words out loud seemed almost impossible to get. Please, move to a different spot. Everyone is staring at me. But still the boy stayed. Chloe finally gave up, turned around and sat down on her seat without a word.

The boy then suddenly turned to look at her, and when he did, Marinette immediately looked away. He chuckled, tapped on her shoulder and when he got her attention again, he let out his hand for her to shake. "Hi. I'm Adrien, it's nice to meet you."

Marinette tried not to let her mouth drop in shock. Right there, she was too afraid of even shaking the new boy's hand, a little due to the look that Chloe was now giving her, the looks everyone were giving her. She bit her lower lip and looked away, ignoring Adrien and his hand. Adrien looked a little confused, but didn't bother asking as he turned to look down at his own desk.

I'm sorry, but Chloe is right. It's better that you leave me be, Marinette bent her head, trying hard not to let the tears out, though she wasn't sure on why she was about to cry. Because in the next 15 days, I'll be gone.