27

"Adrien, someone's waiting for you outside," Nathalie said.

Adrien looked up and turned to Nathalie. He had just gotten home, and went on Marinette's phone just to see if he'd find anything else. So far, nothing, but he stood up anyway to go see who it was.

Standing up, he placed the phone down gently on the glass table in front of him, and started walking towards the door. He opened it and peaked outside, and his hands immediately balled into fists once he saw who it was.

"Chloe, what do you want?!" He stepped out of the mansion and gave the blonde one of his cold looks. Chloe looked frightened, with an upsetting look on her face. She instantly rushed towards Adrien and kneeled in front of him, shocking him.

"Adrien, I know you should be the last person I go to, but I really need help," She cried out. "I'm innocent. I swear I am. I got kicked out by my own father for something I didn't even do. The school is getting shut down because of me, but I didn't even do anything. Adrien, you have to believe me!"

Adrien looked down at her with no feelings on his face. "Chloe, I would believe you, if I didn't already know the truth. You're in the wrong, yet you don't want to admit it. Stop acting like the good guy. You're not! No matter how you see it from your perspective, you're the bad person here. You're the one who did all those cruel stuff to Marinette and some other kids in that school. Don't come to me begging for help after you've been defeated. I'm not going to help you, Chloe! You're on your own now!"

Chloe sniffed, but got up. She looked at Adrien with teary eyes, not even bothering to wipe the tears off her face. "Please! I just need a place to stay!"

"You failed to apologize to Marinette even after your father told you to!"

"I didn't have to, because it wasn't my fault. Marinette left on her own. It's not like I asked her to leave. It's not like I forced her to do any of this!"

"You posted that Marinette was dead."

"Because I think she is!"

Adrien paused. "You said Marinette sent you a note," He looked at Chloe carefully, wanting to see her expression change at the mention of the note. "You said she informed you that she was leaving, and thanked you because you helped her," Chloe nodded, but Adrien wasn't buying it. "Then let me see the note myself."

"You can't. After reading it, I got mad and ripped it in pieces, and I threw those pieces away. The note is gone now."

Adrien scoffed. "Yeah, right!"

"It's true. I'm not lying!"

Adrien was about to head back inside, wanting to leave her there, but Chloe grabbed his arm and pulled him back. He slapped her hand away with a glare, but all of a sudden, Chloe didn't look as frightened as she had looked before.

"You want to find her? I can help you!" She exclaimed, surprising Adrien even more. "I already think she's gone, but if you think she's not, then I'll help you. I know the name of the girl who's posting your story on Lady-Blog. I texted her. Rose!"

Adrien froze.

"I know where she lives!" Chloe continued, knowing she was getting to him. "When I was texting her, her words sounded suspicious to me. I asked her if she knew where Marinette was, but she said no, though I don't believe her. I think. . . I have a feeling that Rose may be hiding Marinette in her house. We could go there-"

"Stop." Adrien gulped. "Just give me the address."

"You have to let me stay here until I find another place to stay!" Chloe demanded. "I'll give you the address after you promise me that I can stay, and you can't go back on your word!"

"But what if you give me the wrong address?!"

"Then you kick me out. Simple. But I won't do that," Chloe looked serious. "I'll give you the address. We can even go together if you want, and all you have to do is let me stay over at your mansion."

Adrien looked unsure, all his negative thoughts coming to him. He couldn't trust Chloe, could he?

"Come on, Adrien. Wouldn't you like to find Marinette? Then you have to trust me!"

Adrien backed away a little, before he let out frustrated sigh. "Fine!" He couldn't believe he was doing this. Chloe was the enemy here, but now he had to trust her. "Fine, you can stay. Now, give me the address!"

~

Hearing the soft knocks sounding on her door, Rose stood up from where she was sitting. Telling her mother she would get the door, she started walking towards it, and opened it when she got there.

"Hello-" She stopped short once she saw who it was at her door. "Adrien?" For 3 seconds she was confused, wondering why Adrien would be at her door, but soon thoughts of the reason why started entering her mind. Marinette. Of course it was about Marinette. It had to be.

"Hi. Are you Rose?" Adrien seemed nice as he had a small smile on his face. Rose just nodded at the question, before stepping aside to let him in. He walked inside without any words.

Even though she already knew, she still asked. "So, why are you here?" And how did you find me?

Adrien gave her look, and Rose could see how desperate he really was to find Marinette without him even having to say anything. Still, she kept her mouth shut and looked away, waiting for Adrien to speak up and say something.

"You told me you were close friends with Marinette, although you also said you didn't know where she was, I still want to know if she's here," Adrien started off, and he couldn't help deciding it was a bad start.

"You think she's here?"

"I'm starting to think she is."

"Well, she's not. I told you, all she left me was a note!" Rose groaned and started walking away from him. "Even I don't know where she is. I'm looking for her! Besides sharing your story on Lady-Blog, I've been walking around Paris hoping I'd find her."

Adrien looked even more upset and disappointed at the words. "She's really not here?"

"No. No, she's not."

He sighed and started heading to the door. "Well, thanks anyway." Without another word, he left, shutting the door behind him.