19

Adrien opened the door himself and stepped out of the limo, anger boiling inside of him. He walked towards the Bourgeois mansion and knocked on the door. It wasn't really knocking; it was more of a banging out of anger sort of thing. Mr. Bourgeois answered the door, looking to be shocked that it was Adrien himself.

"Yes?"

"Is. . .?" Adrien tried to peek inside the small crack of the opened door, but Mr. Bourgeois blocked his way. "Is Chloe in there with Sabrina?"

Mr. Bourgeois looked even more surprised. "Chloe?" He hadn't exactly expected Adrien to be looking for Chloe. Did Chloe cause trouble again? "Uh, yeah. She's in here. What's the matter?"

"I need to speak with her. Bring her out!" It sounded like an order. Even Mr. Bourgeois knew that himself, and being the Mayor of Paris, he did not like people ordering him around. Though, he noticed how serious Adrien looked, how angry. He noticed Adrien forming a fist, and he'd never seen Adrien angry, so he knew this was serious, and headed inside to call Chloe out. Minutes later, the girl walked out, and she too was surprised, even way more than her father, but somehow she had a feeling she knew why Adrien was here.

"Is this about Marinette again?!" Chloe groaned, rolling her eyes. "If it is, don't waste my time. I was in the middle of doing something extremely important!"

"Like, planning your next attack on Marinette, is that it?!" Adrien angrily yelled. "Planning on how you could kill her next time? Is this seriously what you're going to turn into, Chloe?! A psycho who can't excuse the fact that another girl is better than her, so she tries to kill her instead?!"

"Adrien, what are you talking about?!" Chloe looked confused. She looked confused, but Adrien knew better. When he had listened to Lila tell him everything, he hadn't even suspected that she might have been lying to him, because what she said Chloe did sounded exactly like what Chloe would do.

"Listen Chloe, I don't know how you did it, kidnapping Marinette and ruining her face with a knife. I don't know what got into your brain to pull that kind of stunt, and I may not have proof that you did it, but trust me, this isn't over. No, it's far from over, and in the end you're going to lose!" Adrien turned to start heading back to his limo. "But I'm watching you, and you will be punished for everything you've been doing!" Without another word, Adrien started walking back to his limo, Chloe staring at him with shock in her eyes.

Heart beating fast, Chloe whirled around and ran back inside the mansion, almost bumping into her father who was walking out of the kitchen. Before Mr. Bourgeois could even ask her what the deal with Adrien was, she was already running up to her room. Opening the door, she stepped inside her room and closed the door, before turning to Sabrina, who was sitting down on the bed.

"So, what did Adrien want?"

"Sabrina!" Chloe breathed out, nervousness filling her entire body. "Sabrina, we've got a bigger problem. Adrien knows."

"Knows what?"

"About what we did. He knows about what we did to Marinette," Chloe repeated herself. "But, it's so weird. There's no way Adrien could have known, he was never there when it happened. No one was except us girls. Someone had to have told him. We have to ask the other girls who came with us that day." Chloe scratched her head, heading to her bed. "Oh my goodness, he's unto us. I can't believe he knows. Who would rat us out?! Oh my goodness, who ever it is, I will find her and I will ruin her!"

~

Adrien sighed when he looked up, staring out the window and his eyes landing on the bakery. He looked over at Nathalie, but she masked her feelings. Nathalie looked down at him. "Your father will be pissed!" She exclaimed. It was the first time Adrien had even heard her use the word 'pissed', instead of the usual 'angry'. "You skipped school, Adrien. The school will call your father and you will get into trouble."

"I know," Adrien muttered. He had skipped his classes to go look for Marinette. Still, no sign of her, which was really starting to bother him. It worried him to the core that there may have been a plan in her head when she left. Adrien opened the door, despite Nathalie's warning. He stepped out of the limo and started walking towards the bakery. He knocked on the door, and Tom opened. When he did, Adrien was able to see his face. It looked tired, worried as well. Sabine had obviously broken the news to him that his daughter was missing.

"Adrien. . ."

"I'm sorry. I couldn't find her anywhere," Adrien's heart leaped. He failed. He failed the one mission he had and he felt extremely guilty that he'd let the Cheng's down. Marinette was still out there, somewhere, probably scared. Maybe she had gotten lost, Adrien didn't know, although the idea didn't exactly make any sense. Maybe she had gone off to do something, or she had went looking for someone, and then. . .

Tom patted him on the head with a small sad smile. "I was just about to go looking for her. What places did you search?"

Adrien started mentioning the places he had already searched. First, he had went to the park that was closest to his mansion, the park where the both of them had went off to, the park where Marinette finally let him in, told him something he never imagined she would ever tell him. Then he had searched the school. He had some adults that were still in the school at that time, search for her. All of them opened up doors, searched classes, bathrooms, the cafeteria, or even anywhere secretive that anyone could hide in. She wasn't there.

Then with the help of Nathalie and Gorilla, he had searched ever other stores that he though might be up to Marinette's taste. He knew Marinette was a fan of his father, a fashion designer, so he searched stores that were all about designing, knitting, and buying clothes. She wasn't there either, and all store owners had said they never saw a girl that looked like Marinette walk in.

He researched some few places, but when he didn't find her in any of them again, he decided to start searching random stores that he didn't know. Some stores he remembered the names of, but other stores' names had slipped from his mind. After telling Tom what he knew, he started heading back to his limo, feeling as upset.

He had failed. And even though he knew it wasn't, he felt like it was his fault for Marinette disappearing.