25

Adrien turned the phone off out of anger and tossed it away from him. "That's crap," He muttered, "Marinette is still alive!" Having taking a few seconds of calming down, Adrien looked over at the items that had been taken out of the bag. "I'll look through this privately. You two may leave me alone now." He listened as the man and Nathalie started walking away, and when he knew they were gone, he started putting all the items back in the bag, before heading to his room.

Stepping inside his room, he shut the door and placed the bag on his bed, before he collapsed on the floor, lying there, looking helpless, but also a thought roaming around his mind. Chloe couldn't be right. After everything, there was no way he was going to believe Chloe Bourgeois, but he was afraid other people were going to believe her. He was afraid they were going to give up on searching for Marinette.

Adrien sighed and picked up his phone, and for 5 minutes, he stared at the black screen while his cheek rested on the floor. Finally, taking a deep breath, Adrien turned his phone on and headed to the account he was sure belonged to Marinette. Tapping on a few things, Adrien finally landed on the page.

*Do you wish to private chat 8746?*

Yes      No

Adrien stared at the screen, and then he sat up, and tapped on 'yes'. He waited a while, as if expecting Marinette to chat him first. When he had had enough of the wait, he decided to send the first message.

A - (hello.)

He waited again, wasn't really sure if this was the best idea. But after a few seconds, Adrien's heart skipped a beat, seeing that 8746 was now online. He smiled widely when he got a reply.

8 - [Sup.]

A - (how are you doing? )

8 - [you're Adrien, aren't you? I've heard so much about you.]

A - (why are you pretending you don't know me? Are you mad at me? Is that why you left? Was I too annoying?)

8 - [what? I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what you're trying to say. I just moved to Paris.]

A - (then how is it that you know about my story? I never told you!)

8 - [I received a note taped on a notebook. The note said, "this notebook is a story. Post the story on Lady-Blog and make sure you give Adrien the credit." I read the story and it was amazing, so I decided, why not?]

A - (okay, if you think you can fool me, you're wrong! You don't have to make an excuse. You don't have to lie to me!)

8 - [what are you talking about?!]

8 - [this is the truth! I'm sorry. Are you mad that I posted the story? I just found it really interesting, and I thought all of Paris deserved to read it as well. I can take it down if you want.]

A - (it's not about the story! It's about you! You're Marinette!!)

8 - [Marinette?]

8 - [hum, that's weird.]

A - (what's weird??)