10

Marinette was going through some papers on the table, not sure why, when Adrien came up to her, telling her he was ready now. Marinette turned around, the papers in her hands. Adrien looked a little surprised and embarrassed to see her holding the papers, because he quickly reached in and grabbed them. Marinette chuckled, amused. "It's a story," She spoke as Adrien started walking away. "You wrote it? I never knew you were an author."

"I'm not," Adrien sighed. "I can't believe I forgot to hide these. I just sometimes. . . I sometimes write stories when I'm bored."

Marinette chuckled again. "I don't think it was that bad. You don't have to be embarrassed by it." Maybe Adrien wasn't who she thought he really was. Through every rich person, Marinette pictured a cold-hearted person, but maybe that was only because of Chloe. Chloe made her think that way of rich people. Not all of them were like her. "Is it horror?"

"Well, I was going to make it horror, but. . . I don't know," Adrien looked away again. "You said you liked it. It's really not that great, I mean-"

"I think it's good." She couldn't believe she was complimenting a person she had promised herself to stay away from. Now here she was, in his room, alone with him, waiting for his father so they could start their project together.

"Thanks."

"I think you should publish it."

Adrien almost choked on his own spit. He looked at Marinette like she was the craziest person ever, and maybe in his mind, she was. She had on a large smile on her face, waiting for Adrien to say something. When he didn't, she spoke up again, "is it because of your father?"

Adrien looked surprised then, before he looked down. "I'm not really sure on how he would feel to hear that his own son writes stories." He made it sound like it was a disgusting habit. Marinette shook her head and walked past him, heading for the door.

"I have a feeling I'm not going to be the only person to like it. Is it finished?" Adrien shook his head, telling her he just needed the ending. Marinette nodded her head again before turning back to the door. "Well, are we still going?"

"Today is such a good day," Adrien grinned as he placed the papers back where he had been hiding them, before following Marinette out of the room. "Marinette is finally talking to me like a real friend would." He chuckled to himself, acting all childish. Marinette shook her head a little, before reminding Adrien that she was only doing this because they were partners in a group project she didn't even want to participate in.

They ended up getting ice-cream, Adrien getting it for the both of them. Then they sat down on a bench in park silently. They didn't talk for a while, almost to the point where they finished most of their ice-cream. And then Adrien looked at her, looking to be curious about something.

"Can I ask you a question?"

Marinette bit into her cone, before turning to look at Adrien. "Yes?"

"Well. . . Chloe gave me a reason why your situation in school ended up like that." As soon he said those words, Marinette frowned, before looking away. She scoffed.

"What, did she tell you that I was the one who attacked her first, started kicking her limo, only because I hated her mother? Did she tell you that she tried to help me, but I refused her help so she started tormenting me?!" Marinette placed her unfinished cone beside her. "Well, if she did, then she was lying."

"I-I know she was lying. Her story didn't make any sense. I just-" Adrien looked at her face. "I don't mean to make you upset. I just want to know the real reason why."

Marinette bit her lip, not looking his way. To tell him how everything started? Why would he even care up to this point? She sighed and looked up. "Okay fine." Maybe the real question was why she was willing to tell him. Maybe it's because he was helping her with the bakery, and she owed him an explanation? No, that didn't make any sense. While they had been coming here, Adrien said she didn't have to pay him back. So then why? "But you have to promise not to interrupt me while I'm explaining. I hate it when that happens."