2

"Did you hear? Adrien sat beside Marinette. The Marinette!"

"Yes, I also heard."

"I can't believe it!"

"Adrien is soon going to realize the huge mistake he'd made!"

"I hope he realizes it soon before it's too late. He doesn't know what he's getting himself into!"

Chloe clenched unto her fork and whirled around to the table behind her. Once the girls sitting at that table noticed her looking at them, they immediately shut their mouths and continued eating instead of chatting. Chloe turned back, angry and displeased that all people were talking about now was how Adrien had taken a spot right next to Marinette. She had hoped people would forget, but how could they all forget when she herself couldn't even bring herself to forget?

Ever since she had heard that Adrien was moving to their school, she had practiced on what to say to him, on how to address him, on how to befriend him. She wanted to be his first friend in the school, the first girl he ever got close to, but instead, he just had to look at Marinette. What was so interesting about Marinette anyway? She was just a fatty that no one wanted around.

Chloe chuckled a little bit as she shoved a whole spoon of food inside her mouth. In a way, those girls were right. Adrien was soon going to realize the huge mistake he'd made and stay away from Marinette, treat her like the others did, and then make her feel like she had no one and was a nobody. A nobody like her deserved nothing!

Chloe lifted her head up when someone tapped on her shoulder. She gave Sabrina, her best friend, her attention, and Sabrina immediately pointed over at the door. Chloe looked over and grinned when she saw Adrien walking inside the cafeteria. She stood up and started waving her arms, until Adrien finally noticed her, but instead of walking towards her like she'd expected him to, he just walked out of the cafeteria.

Chloe frowned at the weird behavior, before she left the table and started heading for the door. She didn't say anything to anyone as she walked out of the cafeteria, wanting to see what was up with Adrien, but as soon as she took a step outside, she instantly regretted it. Adrien had his back facing her, and he looked to be talking to someone. When Chloe got closer, she could finally hear the voices clearly.

"Please stop, you don't understand. I don't want to go in there." Marinette? What was Adrien doing hanging around Marinette again? Didn't he hear the things people were saying about him? Did he not care about his reputation anymore? Did he not care that it was possible for him to actually lose all his friends, become like Marinette and start getting treated badly? Chloe folded her arms.

"Oh come on, let's go in. It's not going to be a problem," Adrien spoke, but Chloe could see Marinette walking away from him faster and faster. She chuckled a little, seeing how Marinette didn't want Adrien around. Though it didn't quite make sense on why, she was still grateful that Marinette knew not to talk to Adrien. Adrien sighed, looking like he was about to give up. Yes please, give up on Marinette. She's not worth it! And then Adrien noticed her standing there.

"Hey," Chloe waved a little at him, glad that Marinette was gone now and that Adrien hadn't chased after her, glad that she and him were finally alone, and she could finally talk to Adrien without interruptions. But Adrien didn't reply. Instead, he gave her a cold look and was about to walk away. Chloe gulped, before reached towards him and grabbing his arm to stop him. "Please, wait. Why do you suddenly hate me so much? I mean, this is your first day, school isn't even over yet and you-"

"Because I have a feeling you're the reason why Marinette is like this!" Adrien spoke so boldly, so harshly, it hurt. Not just the fact that he suddenly hated her, but the fact that he was siding Marinette. He didn't even care to ask what had happened first, why Chloe hated Marinette to the core. He hadn't bothered to ask how this had happened, yet he already believed that Chloe was the cause of Marinette behaving like this.

"Adrien, you don't understand. Why are you even sticking up for her. She's just a nobody that no one in this school likes. You should leave her too, she's not worth your attention!" Again, Chloe tried. Adrien had to listen to her, or else this would be over for him. "I'm just trying to help you, to protect your reputation. I don't want you to turn into Marinette, to become like her. I don't want people to hate you too, so please for the love of this school, stay away from Marinette!"

But instead Adrien pushed her away. Chloe shut her eyes, afraid that this was happening, but wishing it was all just a dream. This was so disgraceful. Marinette was so disgraceful. Chloe had planned on making Adrien like her, but now it was quite the opposite. Now Adrien hated her guts and was trying to get closer to Marinette.The image of Adrien and Marinette becoming friends haunted her. This couldn't be happening! When she opened her eyes again, Adrien was already walking away from her.

Chloe clenched her fists. Marinette did this on purpose, and was still doing it on purpose. She was being hard on Adrien just so he could chase after her more, just so he could forget all about her, Chloe. Nobody forgot about Chloe Bourgeois, and Chloe herself was going to make sure of it herself.

Opening the door to the cafeteria, she headed in. She wished so badly that people hadn't looked up at her, hadn't started whispering to each other at what could possibly have happened. She walked over to her table and sat down, the girls on her table staring at her, wanting to ask what had happened.

"Don't even bother!" Chloe glared at them. "Don't even bother asking me what happened!"