33

The sound of the loud bell rang and students quickly started filing out of the classroom. Chloe gulped and waited behind as the other students left the classroom. When she saw Marinette leaving, she quickly rushed over and pulled Marinette by the side.

"Hey!" Marinette whirled around to see Chloe. Chloe didn't look mean though, neither did she look like a bully just about to attack her prey. "What do you want, Chloe?!"

Chloe peeked over at Adrien, who was watching them. She also noticed Lila staring at them as well. Lila, I can't believe you would leave me for this trash bag! Then she looked back at Marinette. "I just wanted to apologize!"

They all stared at Chloe in confusion and amazement. "You. . .?" Marinette pointed at her with a frown. "Apologize to me?!" She waited for Chloe to say something mean, to push her away or even say she had just been joking, but none of that came. Instead, Chloe actually looked sincere.

"I'm so sorry, Marinette. I shouldn't have done what I did. See, I have problems at home, and I have a problem with loving myself. I just felt so mad jealous that you were better than me, and I. . .did all those things. Those things shouldn't have happened, and I'm sorry I let my jealousy and anger get the best of me. You didn't do anything wrong." Chloe placed a hand on her chest. "I was in the wrong, and I was just waiting for the right time to apologize to you. I hope you accept my apology. I don't expect you to forgive me though, but I hope from now on, we won't have any problems with each other."

Marinette stood there, shocked from the words, her mouth hanging opened. Never had she thought she would hear Chloe apologizing to her. Chloe, the rude, selfish twat, was letting down her pride just to show Marinette how sorry she was.

"She doesn't accept your apology." Instead, Adrien came over and placed a hand on Marinette's shoulder. "Let's go, Marinette. She's not worth your time." Marinette slowly nodded and followed Lila and Adrien out of the classroom, leaving Chloe shocked and angry by the result.

I apologized! I frickin' apologized, and he's not going to accept it. What, did I not sound sincere enough? Chloe balled her hands into fists. All these times, Adrien has been doing nothing but humiliating me. That's it! I'm so done with him. Why did I even like such a boy in the first place. He's not worth my time!

Outside of the classroom, Lila and Marinette were busy laughing their hearts out. "You do know she was faking that apology, right?" Lila said after laughing. "She just wanted to do it right in front of Adrien."

"I know," Marinette shrugged. "I pretended to be surprised because I could already see through her. Before, Chloe used to fool me. Now. . . not anymore. I'm practically a changed girl."

"And a strong one too." Adrien came closer to her and pecked her cheeks, earning a blush from Marinette.

Lila cleared her throat after what she saw. "Um, I'm gonna. . . I'm gonna head over to my locker to get some few stuff. Don't wait for me. Bye." She instantly rushed away from them, and when she was sure she was far away from them, she sat down, her back against her locker.

What the heck is wrong with me?! I keep getting this feeling whenever I see them together. I shouldn't be feeling this! Shouldn't I be happy that they finally figured it out? Shouldn't I be glad that all the bullying is finally done, and besides my dad's bill is paid.

Why am I still not satisfied?!

~~~

The limo arrived in front of Adrien and Marinette, and the window rolled down. Nathalie unlocked the door and motioned towards it. "Get in."