15

For the first time in 3 years, Marinette actually felt good getting ready for school. While she walked around her mother, prepared her lunch, she did it all with a real smile this time. She had read what people were commenting on Lady-Blog now. A lot of people went over to Chloe's page and started insulting her, telling her not to take the bakery down. And then Mr. Bourgeois was caught on camera, explaining how everything was just a mistake and Chloe was just looking for attention. It felt great to hear him say those words. "The bakery will not be shutting down, not on my watch!"

"Marinette, why didn't you tell us this was going on?" Her father came up behind her, frightening her a bit. "We could have helped in some way."

Marinette gave him a small, sad smile. There was a lot she was keeping from her parents. It was like everytime she wanted to tell them, her brain would suddenly shut down, and the words wouldn't be able to form out. "I didn't want to worry you," She finally decided on those words. Tom seemed to quickly believe it, because he nodded and started walking away.

"Well, everything is all great again!" Marinette clapped her hands together once as she started walking towards her bag. "This is all thanks to Adrien."

"We have to go over to his place and thank him with a gift," Sabine suddenly said, getting Marinette to gulp. "I really do appreciate all he's done, and it would really bother me if we don't show our appreciation to them, you get what I mean?"

"Yeah, yeah. . ." Marinette looked back at the door. She wasn't surprised that Sabine was doing this, after all its what she always did. Whenever a family helped her out, she was sure to repay that family with a gift of appreciation. Sometimes it kind of bothered Marinette, because Sabine always made her come along, and some places they'd visited were places some of her enemies lived in.

"Alright, I'll be going," She waved over at her parents, before walking out of the bakery. Now walking to school, instead of thinking of how she was going to stay away from Chloe, she was thinking about Adrien. Was he her friend now? Did he still want to be her friend? Whatever. She was going to talk to him at school.

She entered the school, and the first person that caught her eyes was Chloe, just leaning against a wall with a pen in her mouth, looking like she was smoking. Marinette didn't say anything and started walking past her. Chloe removed the pen from her mouth and started walking beside Marinette.

"You know, you've got guts," The blonde started. "You really do. I honestly thought you were just going to push Adrien away like you did with the others before. I thought Adrien was just pretending to like you. But now I see I'm wrong." Chloe suddenly placed a hand on her shoulder, shocking and causing Marinette to quickly slap the hand away. Chloe just laughed, as if everything she was doing now was just for laughs. "Marinette, I'll see you later. When that time comes, I'll show you what the real Chloe Bourgeois can do!"

Marinette watched her go, before turning a corner and heading for her class. Of course she knew Chloe was going to be mad, and even though Chloe was trying to hide it, it was still very recognizable. Marinette opened the door and headed inside the room.

Immediately all eyes went up on her. No one said anything, they just stared. Marinette shuddered and took her seat, not being scared of them, but rather uncomfortable at the stares they were giving her.

Then someone tapped her shoulder. Marinette turned around to see a girl, one of her classmates. "Did you ask Adrien to make that post yesterday?" She asked with all seriousness. Marinette wasn't sure what to say then, so she just turned around.

The girl turned back to her seat. "It was her. Oh my goodness, the rumor is actually true." The girl sat down and banged a fist on her desk. "Adrien and Marinette really are dating."