17

"Thanks." Adrien got out of his limo and shut the door, before turning around with his bag and heading towards the school. On the stairs, he could see Chloe, Sabrina and Lila sitting down, just doing nothing. He'd never really seen then come to school this early, so maybe something was going on today.

He started walking up the stairs, completely ignoring Chloe as if she was never even there. He opened the door and started walking inside, and then he heard the bell rings, signalling that school was starting. He could tell Chloe and her friends were behind him just by the clicks of their high heels.

"Good morning, Adrien," Chloe walked past him. She looked happier than usual, and it made Adrien boil with curiosity as to what she had done this time. But he didn't say anything back to her and just walked to class.

Taking his usual spot, he looked over to his side. Marinette wasn't sitting there like she always did. Was she running late today? Adrien shrugged anyway and looked over at his side, placing his books down. When he looked up, Lila was sitting down in front of him, Sabrina sitting beside her. He suddenly noticed that Chloe was coming towards him, and taking the seat that belonged to Marinette.

"What are you doing?" He asked, trying not to sound too harsh.

"Um well, Lila usually sits in the second row on the other side, but today she complained that she was having trouble with her eyes, so I'm letting her take my seat. Which means I have to sit here."

Her explanation didn't make sense, Adrien was smart enough to know that. "Why don't you just sit down in Lila's seat? Besides, Marinette will be sitting there anyway, so this spot is already taken."

"I'm not sure Marinette will be coming today. She got a sickness, her mother told me," Chloe sat down anyway, pissing Adrien off. "Besides, I already asked the teacher. She said I could sit down wherever I want, and this seat is closer to the seats Lila and Sabrina are sitting at."

"Whatever!" Adrien stood up with his bag and books. "I guess I'm moving."

"I don't get it! Why do you hate me so much?!" Chloe slammed a fist on the desk, catching everyone's attention. "I'm not the bad guy here, Adrien. Marinette is! I already told you the reason why she's being treated here like this. It wasn't my fault!"

"Oh really?" Adrien turned back to her with a bitter smile. "Marinette actually told me the real reason why. It turns out that your father and her mother wanted you two to be friends, but for no reason, you immediately started hating her. She came to school, made a friend, and you started treating them badly. You started coming up with rumors about her. The first rumor you came up with was that she begged someone for money. You even paid a guy to lie about the situation. Chloe you are such a pathetic brat," Adrien inched closer with a glare, "and there's nothing you can do to make me change the way I see you. You are a bully, and I despise bullies! Now if you know what's good for you, you would stay away from me from now on. Don't ever approach me. I don't even care if you're the Mayor's daughter. Just don't try to get my attention anymore, because the next time you try to do that, it won't end well!"

And he turned around once again, walking towards an empty seat with Chloe looking at him with a shocked look on her face.

~

Tom heard a knock coming from the door and nudged Sabine to go open it. Sabine sighed but was a little confused as to who it could be. It couldn't obviously be Marinette, because she never knocked. Reaching the door, she took the handle and opened the door. "Ah, Adrien, it's you."

"Sorry to be a bother," Adrien scratched his head. "I just came over to see Marinette."

Sabine frowned. "Marinette?"

"Yeah. Um, I heard she was sick and didn't come to school."

"Marinette didn't go to school?" Sabine could feel her hands shaking. "Adrien, Marinette isn't home. In fact, she never had any sickness and I thought she left to school. That's where she told me she was going."

"She wasn't in school today." Adrien looked back to his limo waiting for him, before turning back to Sabine. "Don't worry, ma'am, I'll go look for her. I have a few ideas on where she could be." Adrien stepped back and started walking away, when Sabine called him back. He turned around.

"Adrien, I'm really worried about her. Yesterday she came home, she was acting weird. She was hiding her face and I was afraid something bad happened. She wouldn't even talk to me about it."

Adrien blinked harder at the words. The day we had to wait for my father, he never showed up, so she had to go home. Yesterday, I didn't show up for school because I had a stomachache. Something bad must have happened yesterday, and I have a feeling it's got something to do with Chloe. No wonder she looked all happy today. "I promise I'll try my best to find where she is. I'll come over right away once I've found her."

Sabine nodded and watched as Adrien headed over to his limo, before she closed the door and turned to Tom. Adrien got inside his limo and told his driver to start it, telling him and Nathalie about what their mission was.

"First, let's start with the park. The park that's closest to home," Adrien spoke. That was the same park he and Marinette had went to that day, the same park where she had told him everything. He leaned against his seat and closed his eyes, waiting for the ride to be over.

Marinette, where are you and why?