14

Chloe sat down on her bed, her two best friends standing in front of her, wanting to make sure she was okay. I can't believe it! After everything she had worked hard to do, after all these thoughts of hers, thinking she was going to succeed and finally bring Marinette down, she was still failing.

When she heard that Adrien was moving school, she wanted him to join her, to become just like her, but then instead, he headed off to Marinette. What was so good about her anyway that attracted him towards her? What did Marinette have that she, Chloe Bourgeois, didn't have?! Okay sure, the bakery is one, but what else? Marinette didn't have the looks, the popularity. Marinette didn't have anything. So why did Adrien take interest in her?

She had always heard some girls saying that boys were so confusing. She never wanted to agree with that saying, but now she had to. Adrien was being confusing. How could he be risking his reputation and hug Marinette in public? How could he give that much affection? He did know people talked, right? Anyone who saw them together was sure to have taken a picture, post it on the internet. Then people would misunderstand the both of them.

"Uh-oh!"

"What?" Chloe lifted her head up to face Sabrina who had said the words. Sabrina was staring down at her phone. "What is it?!" Chloe screamed out again. After seeing Adrien and Marinette together in the park, she was even more frustrated and angry than she had been before. Sabrina handed her phone over to Chloe, and Chloe looked down at the screen.

Immediately her eyes went dark, seeing that it was a new post from Adrien, seeing that the first word she caught in his post was bakery. So that's why Marinette was with him. Chloe clenched tighter unto the phone. So that's why. She was with him, telling him everything that was going on. She told him about the bakery. She told him everything!

"ARGH!!" Chloe handed the phone back to Sabrina before she broke it. "I'm going to make sure that girl pays, and this time, not even Adrien will be able to save her!" She jumped out of her bed and started heading out of her room. How could she attack the bakery now if Adrien was helping Marinette? How could she bring the bakery down, make Marinette feel broken, when fans of Adrien were now against her?

"Chloe?"

Chloe whirled around to see her father. Sweat ran down her face when she saw that her father did not look very happy. She could instantly tell that her father knew about her wanting to shut down the bakery as well, and possibly wanted to punish her for the decision she had decided to make. When she had been at the bakery with Sabrina at that time, she was just trying to scare Marinette, just trying to make her believe that the bakery was shutting down sooner than she had expected. But now Marinette won, didn't she? Only because she had Adrien with her, that's the only reason. Only because Adrien was here and was helping her out, but soon Adrien was just going to leave her like everyone else.

"Thousands of people are outside right now holding posters and screaming that we don't tear the bakery down," Mr. Bourgeois exclaimed, pointing towards the door. "Chloe, what did you do this time? What problem have you brought unto this family yet again?!"

Chloe bit her lower lip and backed away from her father. For once, she had never seen him look so angry, especially at her. Her father's face was literally boiling red, and if it were possible, smoke would be forming out of his ears and nose.

"You know what? Forget it!" Mr. Bourgeois turned around and started heading towards the door. "I'm going to explain to everyone that this was a mistake and the bakery is never getting shut down!"

Chloe could feel her legs weaken. Even her own father, her only family, was against her too. She didn't know how Marinette was doing it. Was it all because they had pity for her? That must be it, right? Surely, they couldn't have possibly considered her as a friend. Out of anger, Chloe started walking up to her room.

Sabrina and Lila were still there, and even though they wanted to ask if Chloe was okay, they didn't. They didn't even want to ask what next plan Chloe had in mind. Whenever Chloe was angry, it was best to leave her be. It was best to wait until she calmed down, before she could really be around anyone.

"Marinette, I swear when I get you, I will rip you into pieces!" Words fell out of Chloe's mouths easily as she stepped towards her bed. "You won't know what's coming to you. You think you've won, huh? Well, you may have won this fight, but you haven't won the whole battle!" Chloe placed her head on her pillow. "This is just the beginning!"