34

"ON ABOARD!"

Adrien took Marinette by the hand and the both of them got on the ride and sat down on the seats. The man at the front collecting tickets allowed a few more people on, before the ride began, slowly rising to the top, and then coming down again.

"This is soo amazing!" Marinette laughed as the ride got to the top, and she was able to see the large view of the entire amusement park. Her eyes then stopped roaming around when they got glued on two girls. Lila and Chloe. What were they doing together?

"You okay? Your face seemed to suddenly change," Adrien patted her back with a small smile.

"It's just. . .to be honest, I don't really trust that Lila. Lately she's been acting weird around me, and I just saw her with Chloe," Marinette sighed. "I have a feeling she's two-timing us. She may actually still be on Chloe's side, but she's pretending to go along with us just so she could do something."

"Is that really what you think?" Adrien placed a hand on her shoulder. "Tell you what. Let's just focus on the rides and fun today. Later on, we'll focus on Lila and how to deal with her. I just want to have fun, Marinette."

Marinette smiled and nodded. Seeing that they were almost to the top again, Adrien leaned in over to her and gently placed his lips on hers. Fireworks seemed to burst everywhere in his and her stomach, and when he pulled out, both of their faces were red. When the both of them had nothing to say, Adrien leaned in again, and this time Marinette did not hesitate to kiss him back.

Below them, on the ground, Chloe grabbed Lila's arm and pulled her back furiously, a smirk dancing on her lips. The blonde pointed a finger over at Marinette and Adrien. Though she didn't like the scene being played in front of her eyes, she was glad Lila had that same look as a jealous girl would when seeing her crush kissing another girl. "You see that?" Chloe spoke.

Lila peeled her eyes away from the two, sudden anger rushing inside of her. "So, this is why you brought me here?" Coming with Chloe was a waste of time, but Chloe had promised her that they'd catch Marinette and Adrien talking about her behind her back. For a few minutes, Lila had actually believed her, but now she could obviously see it was just another way of wasting another person's time.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Chloe folded her arms. "Doesn't it just make you angry?"

Lila looked up again, and when she did, she noticed that Marinette was looking back at her. Marinette gave her that look, you're hanging out with Chloe? I thought you were over her? Were you lying just as well? Lila looked away again, suddenly feeling embarrassed. She faced Chloe with a maddening look.

"Is this your special talent? Making up fake stories and wasting everyone's time? Because you sure are good at it!" Lila snapped. She turned around and started walking off, but then she stopped as a thought got inside her head. Marinette saw me together with her. . .she's probably misunderstood us. Lila turned back around and headed towards Chloe. When she looked up, she knew Marinette was watching her again.

"What?!" Chloe rolled her eyes. "Aren't you going to walk away because you can't face the fact that your crush likes someone else?"

"You and I both know you're the one who can't get over the fact that Adrien hates you. At least Adrien doesn't hate me. No matter how much you say he does, I don't believe you!" Lila raised an arm, "and this. . ." she swung it, the palm of her hand clapping against Chloe's cheek. ". . .is for every other bad things you've ever done. You deserve it, Chloe Bourgeois."

Chloe stared at the ground for a few seconds while Lila walked off, collecting herself as she couldn't believe that a girl who used to be her servant, now had the guts to slap her and think she'd get away with it. It's only because I don't have my father on my side as of now, then you would never have done that! Chloe clenched her fists, anger over-taking her. Lila, we'll see who gets the last laugh!

Marinette chuckled silently to herself as she stepped out of the ride with Adrien behind her. Seeing Lila slap Chloe was definitely surprising as she never expected that to happen. The funniest part was that Chloe didn't even do anything about it. Before, Marinette remembered how Chloe wouldn't stop until she got back at a person. Things really had changed.

"What's so funny?" Adrien asked with a smile. Marinette only brushed it off, telling him it was nothing of that much importance. From then on, none of them mentioned Chloe nor Lila as they just enjoyed their fun in the amusement park. Marinette was sure the other two girls had already left anyway, but she didn't bother looking for them.

When she finally took out her phone and checked the time, she gasped a little. "We've been here for more than 4 hours, Adrien." She turned over to him, but Adrien seemed to have a smirk on his face.

"Well, it was worth it. I'm just glad I got to spend some time with you," Adrien sighed, "though it has to end here." He took her hand and both of them started walking towards the limo that had just pulled over. "Here, I'll take you home." The door opened and Adrien let Marinette get in first.

"Did you both have fun?" Nathalie asked as she watched the both of them get in. She had purposely come late with the limo just to let the two have more time together, but she played it off like it was an accident. "Sorry I didn't come earlier. I was so caught up with work that I didn't even bother checking the time and knowing I had to pick you up."

"It's fine," Marinette smiled. She giggled over at Adrien, being glad that Nathalie had come much later.

Gorilla started the limo, and they were on their way. When they finally got to the bakery, Adrien made sure to give Marinette a goodnight kiss before she left the limo. "I'll see you tomorrow, Marinette."

Marinette waved back. "Goodnight." She turned around and headed to the door, opening it and walking inside. Adrien sighed as he sank into his seat, his face red and his mind filled with memories of their time at the park.

"Wow," Nathalie looked away, "you sure like that girl."

Adrien turned his head over to Nathalie, and nodded. "Anyway, I just. . .wanted to thank you. . . For helping me look for her when she was missing."

"I barely did anything."

"I still appreciate it, though," Adrien looked down. "So, thank you."

Nathalie looked at him for a few seconds while Gorilla started the limo again, driving off away from the bakery. Then she cracked a smile. "Well, you're welcome, Adrien. I'm glad you found her."

"Yeah," Adrien sighed softly again, his eyes never leaving the floor of the limo. Marinette, I can't wait to see you again tomorrow.

I'm just glad you're back better than ever.

~~

Please check out my other book "Slowly Falling For You"