18. This is Where it Ends (part I)

The first snowfall hit Westlake twelve days later. 

That Thursday, Damien awoke bright and early and slipped out of his bed in the Senior dorms. It had become something of a ritual as of late. Damien would awake early, before the dawn most mornings, and sneak out of his room, and make his way outside, to spend his breakfast with Oliver. 

It was nice to be able to spend so much uninterrupted time with him, Damien thought. 

No sooner had the thought crossed his mind however than Tyler had appeared seemingly out of nowhere, just as he reached the bottom of the stairs. 

"Going somewhere?" he taunted. 

Damien groaned, "I'm sorry, when did you become a Monitor so late in the year, I must have missed the announcement," he growled. 

Tyler snorted, "Not so brave without my sister protecting you, or your little boyfriend." 

Damien glared, "What must it be like to be so jealous of me that you constantly have to follow me around?" 

Tyler's eyes lowered, "Jealous? Of you?" he snorted incredulously. 

Damien smirked, "I'm sorry Tye... you were never my type," and with that, he pushed past the pink-haired prat and made his way out the double front doors. He half expected Tyler to follow him to try and see where he was going so early in the morning, so he slipped into the trees in an effort to lose him. Even if Tyler had tried to follow him,  it wouldn't matter. Damien knew the forest like the back of his hand. 

Snaking around the trees, Damien disappeared further into the brush until he was certain he was completely out of Tyler's eye line. Grinning, he slipped through a gap in the trees and into the clubhouse. 

"Good morning," Damien said cheerfully, as he stepped through the front door. 

Oliver groaned from his spot on the couch. "Too early," he said pulling the blanket up over his head. 

"I'm sorry love," Damien replied making his way over to the couch and pressing a small kiss to a tiny patch of forehead that was still exposed. 

Oliver huffed, tossing the blanket off himself, "You're cheerful," he said. 

"Am I?" Damien asked with a shrug. 

Oliver smirked in spite of himself, and sat up "You're lucky I like you."

"Oh you more than like me," Damien purred climbing into his lap. 

"You know it," Oliver replied, pressing their lips together. It was another ritual of theirs. Damien would crawl into Oliver's lap and they would spend the entire morning just kissing. 

He had nearly been late to class several times because of it. Not that he minded, as far as he was concerned it was well worth the tardy slip, and the detention if it came down to it. Two weeks without Oliver had been maddening, and Damien had no intention of letting it happen again. Not if he had anything to say about it, anyway. 

"I don't know," Oliver said, running his hands up Damien's back, "I'm not fully convinced yet." 

Damien chuckled, "Oh is that so? And how can I possibly convince you?" he teased. 

"You could stay here this afternoon," Oliver suggested. 

Damien sighed, "Oli you know I would love nothing more than to spend the day with you. Hell, I'd love nothing more than to spend the rest of the month with you, but you know I can't. Think of it this way we'll have the entire winter hols together," he promised, punctuating it with a kiss.