19. Upstate Lodge (part III)

Whatever Oliver had been expecting when it came to skiing, standing on top of a very small slope beside his so-called ski instructor, and Damien was not exactly it. "So we're going to start you off on the bunny hill," the woman called Jenny explained. "Basically what you want to do is..." Oliver tuned her out. He had rather hoped to start on a more considerable hill in order to really get a feel for things, wrapping his arm around Damien's shoulder, Oliver let out a soft sigh. Damien eyed him then, giving him a look which he was fairly certain said, Pay attention. But honestly, Oliver didn't see why they needed a ski instructor to teach him. Surely Damien could give him a lesson in what to do, he snickered to himself at that. He had a feeling he would be the one giving Damien quite a few lessons in what to do soon enough. Not that they had discussed sex, it was hard to tell whether or not it was a subject Damien was entirely comfortable with or not, it just hadn't really ever come up, though if Oliver were honest he was rather eager. He had never really imagined what it would be like with a man before Damien, and now that he knew him, he had been trying to figure out a way to do research ever since. Not that he had ever found himself truly alone long enough to actually figure it out. Westlake had blockers on any website that he could possibly hope to look up the information he needed, and now that he was finally free of the building, he had the sneaking suspicion Damien might think it weird if he were to just look up porn without any sort of context. Thus far, Damien's fanfiction had been enlightening, to say the least, but he was more of a visual learner, and he knew he could learn a whole lot more if he were able to see it.

Shaking his head, Oliver did his best to pay attention, but all he could think about was pulling Damien into his lap, back at the lodge and the two of them making out in front of the fire.

The thought made his head spin, and he realized he had missed some rather important bits of information, like how he was meant to stop once he got started.

"Alright, now, let's put on your skis," Jenny said, bending down to help Oliver into his skis.

Damien glowered at her; Oliver squeezed his waist and whispered softly in his ear, "Temper love." Damien huffed at that, but kept his mouth decidedly shut, which Oliver supposed was as good a win as any. He'd be lying if he didn't admit that he rather enjoyed seeing this side of Damien, even if he did almost feel bad for Jenny.

"Wow, you're like really big," she said from her spot at Oliver's feet. "You look strong too, I just bet you could easily sweep a girl right off her feet," she said with an affected southern drawl.

Oliver chuckled despite himself, he could feel Damien tense and bristle at her words and he knew it would only be a matter of time before he snapped. As amusing as that thought might have been, he decided he had better put a stop to it before Damien got too upset.

"Or boy," he corrected.

If Jenny heard this, she made no effort to acknowledge him, as she snapped his skis to his feet. "Okay, now remember everything I taught you and when I say go, push off."

Damien and Jenny took several steps back then, and Oliver looked back at Damien somewhat confused. Push off? How? He thought desperately wishing he had bothered to pay attention.

"Ready?" Oliver looked around at Damien again, who was currently glaring at Jenny, with his arms folded across his chest. "Set," Oliver groaned, looking down at his skis as if hoping they might provide some sort of answer about what he was supposed to be doing. "Go!" with nothing else to do, Oliver leaned forward, hoping to propel the skis into motion. Losing his balance almost instantly, Oliver fell face-first into the snow. Groaning, he pushed himself up, carefully attempting to get back to his feet with the aid of Jenny who had appeared at his side instantly.