The Literature Club

Monika was sitting in an empty classroom, crying again. Her sobs were the only sound in the school, and there were suddenly footsteps coming from down the hall. "H-Hello? Is there someone in there? I heard crying..." The girl asked.

Very quietly and weakly, Monika responded, "I...I-I'm in h-here..." The girl looked to the back of the classroom to find a distraught Monika with her head down at the back of the classroom. The girl ran over to Monika and asked, "H-Hey, are you okay? Please, don't cry." She rubbed comforting circles around Monika's back as Monika continued crying. "Why....are you helping me...? You don't even know me..." The concerned girl replied, "Because I hate seeing people sad, it...it makes me sad." Monika looked up to the girl with teary eyes, "My name is Monika. What's yours?" The girl smiled and said, "I'm Sayori, it's nice to meet you Monika!" Monika's lip quivered as she took a shaky breath. She had never had this before. Monika was a popular girl, and Sayori was talking to her as if she had no reputation...which she enjoyed.

Monika sighed and said, "I don't know what to do, I quit the debate club, and...now I have nothing." Sayori sat down at a desk and said, "That's not true, what do you like to do personally?" "Well, I like...umm...literature. Literature, yeah. Wait! Maybe I could make a Literature Club! Would you like to be my first member? You could be the vice-president!" Sayori's eyes glowed and she said, "I would love to, Monika! I can't wait!!" Monika smiled gently and wiped the tears off of her face. "Thank you, Sayori." Monika hugged her, and Sayori hugged back. "No problem, Monika. Any time."

Sayori/Monika's POV

I think...I like her.