Cold Hard Truth

This job was easy enough for Natsuki and Yuri because they were on break. And Dadsuki was on a business trip so Natsuki was staying with Yuri. When school started, they would have to leave Yuruki with Yuri's mom.

A couple days later, there was another knock on the door. Natsuki opened it to find a police officer. "Hello. Are you Yuri?" "No, I'm Natsuki, her girlfriend. What's the matter, officer?" "Actually, I'm from the Department of Children and Family Services. And I came here to ask if you have a child here called Yuruki Namano?" (A/N: literally made that up on the fly) "Yes we do. Why?" "Well, she needs a family to live with." "Aren't we suitable?" "No. First of all, you and Yuri are still in school." "We can just drop her off with Yuri's mother." Natsuki argued. "Second of all, you are still a minor. A child needs to be parented by adults." "I'll be 18 in a month. Aren't I close enough?" "Sorry, but I can't make any exceptions."

Natsuki looked down. "So what happens now?" "Well, if you want, you can keep her until we find a family for her. Then you will have to give her to us to give her to them." Natsuki thought, he's talking about her like she's an object. "Ok...thank you officer."

Natsuki closed the door and fell to her knees and curled up into a ball and cried. Yuri and Yuruki came running downstairs to find out what happened with Natsuki. "Mama, are you okay?!?!" Natsuki cupped Yuruki's cheek and said quietly, "I'm sorry, Yuruki...you won't be here for much longer..." Yuri raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?" "As soon as they find a family for her, she is going with them. She'll be taken away." "But why?" "Because I'm still a minor." "But you are turning 18 in a month!" "It doesn't matter. As soon as they find somebody, that's it." Yuruki hugged Natsuki tightly. "Please Mama, let me stay!" Natsuki's heart broke as she heard these words. Natsuki hugged back. "I'm sorry, Yuru. I-I can't do anything about this. Nobody can." Yuri stood behind them, crying silently. "I love you Mama and Mommy." Nat and Yuri both said, "We love you too."

N: "We just wish..."
Y: "We could keep you..."