Welp

Monika woke up at around 11:45 AM. She looked at Sayori, and remembered what they had done the night before. She blushed lightly but was happy that she had Sayori all to herself. Sayori slept soundly until about 12:20 PM and came downstairs to where Monika was, but not as happy as Monika was feeling.

Monika's head perked up as she saw Sayori stumble toward her. "Hi Sayo, how'd you sleep?" Sayori only gave a thumbs up and walked over to the table and put her head down on it and stared blankly straight ahead of her. This was a bit alarming to Monika, as she had no idea what was happening to Sayori.

Suddenly, Sayori walked back upstairs, put on her school uniform, or as she called it, her "cryniform." She walked out the front door.

She stood out in the rain, and cried. Cried the hardest she had cried in a long time. She had kept her emotions locked away for years. And now that she had Monika, she had a reason to let it out. So she cried. Cried for something only she knew about.

She cried for her parents

She cried for her parents. For her parents that died in a car crash with a drunk driver when she was 6. She had no reason not to be devastated. And she was. She felt like she was where she belonged. Out in the rain. Where all the sadness is. She had never felt more depressed than how she did now. She didn't care if Monika saw. She just wanted to not move. And cry.

Monika ran outside and pulled Sayori in without saying a word. The only noise that could be heard were Sayori's heavy sobs. "Sayori, can you hear me?" Sayori nodded but continued crying. "What's going on, Sayori? What are you not telling me?" Sayori shook her head and tightly hugged Monika and cried into her shoulder. Monika immediately hugged back and said, "It's okay. I'm here. Shh..." Sayori's cries didn't slow at all. Sayori managed, "My...parents...crash...can't hold...in anymore..." Monika realized what she was talking about. She had watched the news that day for some reason, and heard about the crash that involved a little kid named Sayori. She didn't even think of it. Monika felt heartbroken, helpless. There was nothing she could do but try to comfort Sayori.

Sayori's cries eventually slowed as she slowly fell asleep. Monika then started crying out of relief that her girlfriend seemed to be okay. "It's okay." She told herself. But she knew it wasn't true.