(me & you)

patrick stood staring at his best friend from across the room.

pete stared back at the strawberry blonde, his other half- his better half. that's how he liked to think of him.
everyone around them danced as the colorful lights moved around, lighting up the whole gymnasium.

"come to me, dammit." patrick thought to himself as he stared.

pete watched the boy carefully- he wanted so badly to run over to him, pick him up and spin him around like some bad romance movie, but he couldn't; he was too scared. "he looks stunning..." pete thinks. "I'd be a fool not to go to him right now." patrick was his best friend, and as far as he knew, patrick was straight- but he would have to be a complete idiot if he didn't at least take the chance and find out. he sighed, pushing away all of his insecurities and anxieties as he strode over to patrick, weaving through the crowd of happy couples dancing with one another.
"last dance of the night. care to join me?" pete asks, holding out his hand as a sudden amount of confidence came to find him.

"I thought you'd never ask." patrick responded, taking pete's hand as he led him to the dance floor.

pete grabbed the smaller boy's soft, pudgy sides and pulled him closer- patrick wrapping his arms around pete's neck. the two stared into one another's eyes as they swayed slightly to the song.

this was it- pete's last chance. as the song ended, he leaned down and gave patrick a soft, gentle kiss- and to pete's surprise, patrick reciprocated.

patrick pulled back after a moment, looking into pete's eyes once again to whisper the three words he had wanted to say the whole night, "i love you." this time he could say it and mean it, and pete would finally know- pete would finally understand when he said those words, what they really meant.