interview

it was supposed to be little!patrick, but it didn't go through I think

the last interview for the day, patrick was happy about that for sure.

pete and patrick were the only two being dragged all around town all day for three interviews, and patrick hated it.

he never really minded interviews, but packing three into one day and having to skip breakfast and lunch because they were late.

though, since this was the last one, and patrick was exhausted, he just sat, staring at the wall and occasionally the ceiling tiles.

does that tile go through to the other room? or is it just a half tile? oh! what's on the other side of the room?!

patrick was near completely zoned out, eyes darting about the room, thoughts racing through his head - none of them to do with the interview or questions at hand.

"...yeah, I think that it's possible we might do a christmas album at some point." pete nods, glancing over at patrick, a small smile on his face as he looks at the man.

pete knew what was going on in patrick's mind, and was happy to answer all of the questions for him.

the interviewer nods, looking down at his sheet of paper full of questions he had scribbled down a few minutes before the scheduled interview.

"so, patrick," the man starts, forcing a smile to the small blonde. "we know from a few albums that were received poorly, you felt especially hurt by the reviews. how are you feeling about this new album and how it's being received so far?"

pete frowns, annoyed by the question, though more so by the way it was worded.

the man frowns as patrick just stared ahead of him, lips moving as he seemed to count quietly to himself. "patrick?" he asks.

no answer.

pete, against his better judgement, gently nudges patrick's arm.

"huh?" patrick jumps, looking at pete quickly. "are we ready?"

pete lets out a soft chuckle, shaking his head. "no, 'trick, he asked you a question."

"oh...," patrick mumbles. "oh! I'm sorry! what was your question?" he asks, looking to the interviewer, a polite, apologetic smile on his face.

the man only groans, shaking his head. "nothing, nevermind." he mutters. "we've run out of time."

"I'm sorry..." patrick whispers.

the man only shakes his head again, facing the camera. "looks like we're out of time," he turns to face the men again. "and so we'll let you go. I'm sure you've got tons of important stuff to do!" he laughs, reaching out to shake each of the men's hands.

and, of course, each of them reciprocate the friendly action.
~~~

patrick frowns, walking with pete to the car. "I didn't mean to," he mumbled, watching pete climb in the driver's seat. "I really didn't, petey, I swear!"

pete offers a small smile to his boyfriend. "it's okay, 'tricky." he said softly, bringing patrick's hand to his lips. "promise. that guy was a big stinkybutt anyway."

patrick smiles some, nodding in agreement. "he was!"
~~~

after stopping for lunch, -since patrick insisted that he was starving- it was not too long before they had arrived back to their hotel, pete leading patrick back to the bedroom.

"what are we gonna do, bubs?" pete asks, pulling patrick into the bed with him.

patrick giggles, curling up to pete happily. just happy to be back in bed, and with pete alone. "uuuuhm, we snug!" he smiles, resting his head on pete's chest.

pete nods, wrapping his arms tight around patrick. "okay, but we are snugglin'!" he smiles. "so what else are we going to do, baby boy?"

"hmmm," patrick hums, tapping his chin in thought. "weeeee could watch cartoons!" he suggests happily.

"hmmm, cartoons." pete parrots, chuckling softly at the man. "sure we could watch cartoons, but -what- cartoons?"

"spongebob!"

pete should have known.

"spongebob," pete repeats, nodding as he grabs the remote.

"can we watch spongebob, petey, pleeeeease?"

pete smiles, placing a quick, gentle kiss to patrick's nose, chuckling as he scrunches his nose in response. "of course, honey."

"yay!" patrick giggles.

pete smiled, turning on the TV and finding spongebob. "there you go, baby." he says softly.

"thanky, daddy." patrick mumbles, smiling still as he turned his attention to the screen.

pete nods, playing with patrick's hair gently as he watches with his boyfriend, whispering occasional pet names and soft terms of endearment.

after a while, patrick became more so relaxed, slowly dozing off in pete's arms.