stressy

"baby, take a break," pete said softly, wrapping an arm around patrick's shoulders.

patrick shakes his head, typing out an answer to his U. S. history paper. "can't," he mumbled.

"you need to. you said you were tired, you should take a break. we'll go get a snack!"

"I can't take a break, pete." patrick frowned, looking up at the end of his sentence to make sure it looked right.

"and why not?"

"I've been working for two hours, and I've only gotten one thing done. I feel bad for it. it's taking way too long for me to do the simplest things. I do not need to take a break."

pete frowns, gently rubbing patrick's side. "baby, it's okay. it's okay that it's taking a while. first, you aren't even working, you're letting yourself get distracted. second, some things take longer to look up than other things. it's okay, and it's okay to take a break, I promise."

patrick sighs softly, leaning on pete. "okay..." he mumbled. "fifteen minutes? snack break, pee break?"

pete nods, smiling softly at the boy. "yeah, let's go," he said, kissing patrick's head.

they took the break, getting some snacks, doing what they needed. when the break was over, patrick went back to work, occasionally showing pete the progress, smiling happily at the praise he received.

idk
I was stressed about schoolwork and not getting a whole lot done in the first couple hours of my work
matt helped me feel better