chapter 21 | Touch

"That is maybe the reason why he hates me...I don't know..." he gazes down at your lips, still feeling hurt by the way that your brother has a burning hatred for him. "That makes me laugh when he says that I'm innocent..." you roll your eyes, tired of how your brother never stopped treating you like a kid. "Don't care about him and what he says...he's a dumbass anyway. He only wants me to remain a little girl and never grow up."

"Do you think I was a bit...that my way of touching was inappropriate back then? I never thought about it like that...but when your brother told me, I felt bad and...I was scared to touch you again..." he lets his worries out for once, talking to you seriously. "You never touched me inappropriately and I was always the one clinging onto you...so I would have felt hurt to see you not hugging me back and all. Though I now understand why you spent a week acting a bit weird and physically distant...I was wondering if it was my fault."

"Yeah...I didn't want to but I felt like I had to...especially because of the way this day was very different from usual...I don't know if it's the fact that I held your hand...your body against mine that way for the first time...I don't know but I was liking it a lot and it wasn't just because of some sexual needs...it was just in my heart and how good I was with you. After that day, my feelings were growing even stronger as the time was passing...so yeah...it was hard to see you with Mihyan all the time when your brother would yell at me if I was daring to just peck your cheek or hold your hand."

"He's an ass. Don't take his words into consideration, he only wants me to be with Mihyan and not let me be with the one I love a lot..." you stare into his eyes, noticing that what you just said had a great impact on him. "And to be honest, you were more careful in your touches than Mihyan was which is worst since he's three years older than you. I don't mean that he was a pervert or making me feel uncomfortable because he was always a good guy but...Jimin only wants to hate on you and I even know why..."

He presses his lips onto yours with the most gentleness ever. "You have no idea how relieved I am to know you think that. I talked about it with Namjoon just the day after because of how the words affected me but even him, told me that I never did anything wrong. That's even the reason why I never told you about my feelings...I was scared that this could have been considered as wrong..."

"You never did anything wrong. Otherwise, I would never have stayed so close to you, you were my best friend," you kiss him in return, smiling to give him some comfort. He grins as well but takes your lips between his to kiss.

"Honestly...there is one thing that could maybe have caused this between me and your brother..." he gazes in your eyes, not leaving this topic aside. "What is it?"

"Do you remember the night you...we slept together...when you were fifteen? That was when you stayed here for a week because your parents were away for business," he reminds you of something that happened long ago but which you won't ever forget. "It was the first time but...I think that when Jimin got to know about it, that's at that moment he started to hate me..."

/ flashback \

You turn around in your bed for the thousandth time already, not finding sleep since you tucked yourself under the blanket. This has been exactly three hours since you tried to lose consciousness and rest for tomorrow. You know you're going to be tired for school and you are now regretting to have watched a movie at a late hour.

A sigh escapes from you but you decide to leave your bed, grabbing your phone and heading towards the door of your room with only your oversized hoodie on, this one which brings the warmth you need during this horrible winter. Silently, you leave your bedroom but with an idea in your head, you move towards your best friend's private space.