chapter 35 | Dirty secret

- Next day -

090220.

7 am.

"Baby boy..." Jungkook soothing his baby crying the best he can while you're cooking breakfast walks around the room. He soon has to leave for work today so you're going to have to take care of Minjun all alone till 6 pm. "Daddy is sad when he hears you crying like this baby boy...what is making you feel like that...?" he rubs his back with his hand that is as large as it. He pecks his chubby cheek but walks closer to you. "Can I give him a bit more milk baby?"

You nod and grab the bottle that he didn't empty earlier and give it to him. "Do you want to feed him while I'm taking care of it?" he changes the position of Minjun in his arm, worrying about you and the things you'll have to do today. "No, I'm okay. Don't worry," you smirk to reassure him. He still presses a kiss on your cheekbone before focusing on his son to feed him with the bottle and eventually find a way to calm him down.

"Here sweetheart, it's okay," he looks into his eyes, smiling at him and feeling better now that his precious boy is not crying anymore. "What do you want for dinner today?" you already prepare for this evening since he'll come back late. "We can just order baby, don't spend your time in the kitchen."

"It's alright you know...I have the time since Minjun will have his nap at 5:30 pm so I won't have anything to do," you peek at him as he's staying by your side. "Then rest if there's nothing to do."

"You know I don't want to sleep when I'm alone with him," you don't agree since you fear to fall asleep when hes away and be too much in a deep unconscious state and risk to not wake up when needed for Minjun. "Yeah...but if you feel tired, call Namjoon and he'll be there to help you baby."

"I know Namjoon would never refuse or hate to do it but he has his girlfriend at his house and also works, I don't want to bother-"

"You're not bothering him," he cuts you off to not let you say dumb things. "He's always glad to help and see you and Minjun."

"Yeah..." you give in to not argue and stop the cooking, to fill the two dishes with the risotto. "If I could stop working and stay with you, I would baby...but I need to earn money for us..."

"I know...I'm not complaining, Jungkook," you keep this thought away from his mind no matter the fact this is hard for you to take care of Minjun all alone for almost nine hours every day. Jungkook works seven days a week, wakes up at 6 am to get ready, leaves the house at 8 or 9 am and only comes back at 5 or 6 pm. Once he's home, he eats, takes his shower and then has to go to bed at 11 pm to make sure he's not too exhausted for work so even if you're happy with him and your child, this is difficult since you're more alone with Minjun than with Jungkook by your side when he doesn't take any days off. None of you expected this family life to be so different and hard in some ways.

"I love you my baby...don't forget it..." he steps closer to you to kiss your head, willing to comfort you and show you how much he loves you. "I love you too..."

"Look at me..." he requires in a soft voice so you put the pan down and turn towards him. He leans over you and presses his lips on yours. "I'm going to look for another job and be more present, I promise you..." he stares into your eyes. "No need to...I'm fine like this and you like your job..."

"I don't like it anymore...and..." he sighs with some annoyance caused by this problem but you move back to the dishes. "This distance growing between us is worrying me a lot and I'm not liking it..."