chapter 27 | Far away

"I'm...I'm leaving for Hawaii tomorrow."

He doesn't say anything. A shivering silence hitting the room hard. He stares at you blankly while his heart has literally stopped beating. "You...w-what...?"

"Jungkook, I know you didn't want this to happen but...I'm leaving for Hawaii tomorrow with my family but this is for two weeks as planned," you tell him. "I know it since Monday but...I wanted you to enjoy the last week together so I waited till now to tell you about it...Namjoon told me this was the best thing to do..."

He gulps down but glances away. "Why didn't you tell me when you got to know about it...?" his faint voice tears you apart even more. "I...I knew you would be sad...I didn't want to ruin this week for you...I wanted to make sure you would be happy and not worry about that trip...I'm sorry if you're hurt...I was just scared to see you down..."

He nods but gazes down, fiddling with his fingers as his mind has ceased working properly. "I understand...I would have felt down if I knew about it this whole time..." the lilt of his voice doesn't sound joyful anymore but only full o bleakness. You move towards him but get on his lap to wrap your arms around his neck and hug him. "I promise this is going to go fast...this is only two weeks..." you hold your grief back to not affect him but feel his arms enveloping your waist, his head nestling in the crook of your neck.

He doesn't even know what to say, he just wants to hold you as much as he can. You press a kiss on his ear but don't move back or let go, you know he needs it and you do too. "I'll have to be at the airport at 5 am..."

"Will I have the right to be with you before you leave...? I want to kiss you before you go..." his unsteady voice barely fills the room as he's holding all his emotions back. "Yes, Namjoon will drive us to there, we'll arrive there after Jimin and my family so we'll stay out of the building..." you nod as you already thought about it before. You absolutely want a last moment with him, not a rushed one but one that would allow you to have the time for each other to kiss and hug.

"Okay..." he doesn't let anything more out but just swallow the bitter pill. He feels like crying, his eyes are already filled with tears but he keeps it inside as much as possible. "I'll text and call you all the time, I promise."

His arms slightly release their clasp around you, "I need to take a shower..." he speaks in a quiet voice but moves apart from you. You keep your eyes on him to check his features but don't notice anything. He walks out of your room without saying a word, hiding the fact that the only reason why he's walking away is to hide his tears. He cannot stand to be away from you for too long so two whole weeks without having you close will be like torture.

•••

11 pm.

Both of you staying in your bed, the darkness and silence filling the room, Jungkook holds you tight against him but does everything to keep his eyes open and not fall asleep. He doesn't want to waste this last night and sleep, he just wants to enjoy these las hours by your side while you've been talking to him to stay awake as well.

"Have you talked to your boss...about this...?" he holds his sobs back the most he can, not crying in front of you to not worsen it, his fingers passing over your curves unceasingly to let the shape of them remain in his mind. "Yes...he allowed me to have the whole week without even complaining..." you mention him, the man who lets you do what you want at your workplace only because he likes you more than he should. "Hm..."

You lean closer to him but press your lips on his. This is difficult for you to stand this, to see him so quiet and sorrowful. Witnessing this behavior relieves you about the fact that you decided to only tell him about it today, if you didn't, you would have had to see him in that mood for a week and you know he wouldn't have been able to enjoy his last week with you.