chapter 23 | Chocolate

"Hey..." the man you expected to come appears next to you, his empty tray attracting your attention first.

"Hey," you smile at him kindly, "How are you?" you put the small carton of milk on its good spot while he's doing so. "Can I...eat with you at the same table?" he asks almost quietly, barely making eye contact with you. You nod without thinking twice and wait for him to grab his food. Once he's done, you get to a table together and sit down side by side, to start to feed yourselves.

"How were the first four hours?" you initiate a conversation to not let any awkwardness remain between you two, making him happy without even realizing or knowing. He chews on his rice but then smiles. "Good...just had a lot of work. What about you?" his eyes connect with yours. "It was good as well. I'm having some time to spare today since I provided my work to our boss a bit earlier. So that's a good day for me."

"Oh, you're lucky then," his bright expression doesn't fade and he focuses back on his food. "But...concerning the boss...has he been behaving the same way with you lately or he stopped?" he brings a problematic subject up, this one I never talk about with anyone. "Well..." you avert your eyes from him, feeling nervous to tell the truth. "Every time he calls me in his office, he likes to touch me but it's never insistent. Like...he makes it very brief and it's only on some spots like my hand, my arm or shoulder, and also waist or back...but it's a simple touch so I'm scared to seem like I'm overacting..."

"So...nearly everywhere...?" he states facts you don't ever want to admit. "Yeah but...he avoids some areas that would make me feel terribly uneasy, such as my chest or that type of 'zone'...if I can say..." you fill your mouth with some rice to swallow the bitterness in your throat. Mihyan acquiesces. "Have you already made him understand that it makes you feel uncomfortable?"

You shake your head. "I don't even have the time to move that he already touched me but...I never dare to put this forth with him. I'm...I don't know...I'm not scared but I just don't have the guts to do it because he's really not mean or he doesn't seem perverted...I don't know..."

"You should..." he gazes at you without meaning to sound mean or rude while trying to help. He cannot stop thinking about what he did to you, that makes him feel like he doesn't have a word to say. "I mean...you should try to tell him in a kind and vague manner to show him this makes you feel uncomfortable when he touches you..."

"I know..." you fake a smile in front of him. "I'll try to do it..." you lie to him and yourself, stuffing some food in your mouth to forget that topic and only enjoy the taste of your lunch. "Do you want me to do it for you?"

You lay your eyes into his, your jaw moving as some softness took over you at the sound of his caring question. "No. I'm okay. Don't worry."

"Alright," he doesn't insist to listen and hear your desires. "But...if you ever need something or want to talk about that, I'm here and I'll go up to him if you want me to," he still reminds you, wanting you to know that he hasn't changed but will always be there for you. "Thank you, I'll talk about it if there are more problems, I promise."

•••

7:30 pm.

The minutes passing unceasingly as you're lying on your bed, you sigh but try to kill the time by watching your favorite movie. You've been waiting for Jungkook to come back home since 6 pm but as obvious as it is, he hasn't shown his face yet but only told you he would be late because of some more tasks he has to take care of. Now you're lazily bothered, in your bed, all alone.

You grab hold of your phone to check if your boyfriend could have sent you a text, but no, nothing. Your frustration gets you to throw your phone on your mattress and turn the lights off, to cover your body with your blanket and turn to your side. Your eyes close and you wait for the sleepiness to drift you to an unconscious state.