Chapter Two: The Bounty Hunter

Meditating,

that's how every of her day began. The twin suns slowly rising up and the turmoil on the busy streets of Mos Eisley becoming louder. 

Life on Tatooine was no adventure, it was plain, boring and always the same. But that was good for her, hiding in plain sign of bounty hunters, smugglers and Empire sympathisers. No one suspected her to be somebody of importance to the galaxy, aside from being the one handing out Speeder-bikes and guiding strangers. 

Her fiery red hair was what made people look at her. But she was no threat, always staying away from trouble and being just nice enough gave people an image of a retired woman with nothing else left in life. She was a nobody amongst nobody's that wanted to become somebody, sometimes even Legends.

Sitting back down on the floor she left her meditating state lifted of the ground. Opening her eyes again she had nothing to worry about, this room had no windows or other openings in the walls counting as such. She was alone as always no one has seen her. With a sly smile on her face she stood up walking out of her little hut that held not much of importance to her.

Grasping her metallic staff on the way out she made her way to the Speeder-bike she almost repaired just yesterday. Shedding a glance to the staff in her hands that held so much importance in her life. 

No one on this planet could ever imagine what it held within or would believe it, for that matter. it wasn't long at most it reached shortly under her chest, but enough to help her climb trough the desert. The grey metal was still seen on some points but most was worn out or covert in rust. It has a little clip in its middle to heft it to the one on her back sewn into her clothing. 

But what stood most out was the tip, the end which never reached the sand below. A blackish metal still shining bright in the sun, brown leather kept tightly around it and if you looked just hard enough decorated with tiny ornaments long forgotten. It was everything she had left, her life and soul, build by her own hands years ago.

Taking a seat before the bike she started to work on the last bits that needed repair on the bike. but she was interrupted. With her latest tool in hand she saw a shadow being casted over her sitting form from a young man standing in her door.

Toro Callican looked down upon the beautiful women before him. She was older than him, maybe in her early thirties but her face held an undeniable youth to it. The tiny smile on her lips let her seem young and friendly, it was a smile a mother would give her child, warm and safe. Turning entirely to him he could see her face as clear as the sky.

She had freckles on her nose and rosy cheeks it complimented her fair light skin even tough a nasty scar that run from her left eyebrow, over her eye and reaching her neck. Her red plump lips still held the smile as her dark blue eyes that seemed like an endless galaxy shone with interest. 

Strands of red hair fell over her face and a necklace with a crystal clung to her chest. Hair like fire, the parts that weren't braided around her head cascaded down her back like a wild flame. Her hair was long reaching her lower back almost grazing the floor beneath, it was full of volume, uncanny and unforgettable. 

She was clad in brown and beige, belts strapped around her waist holding many pockets and a blaster in its holster on the right side of her hip. And gloved hands holding tools he doesn't know the name to.

Hearing her clear her throat he was brought back to reality. With the kind smile still adoring her lips, her voice flowed like honey in a calm and not to deep manner. "May I be of help kind Sir?" Amusement was clear in her voice, starring men were nothing new to her. He seemed young and inexperienced, a bit full of himself maybe. But looks can be deceiving. She doesn't know him and without that can't judge.

Giving her a cocky grin he compelled his posture and leaned against a wall with his arms crossed over his chest. "Yeah. I was looking for some Speeder-bikes to lend for me and my partner. Heard you're the one for the job. That right?" 

Raising a brow she stood up leaving her tools scattered on the floor. "That I am. Two you need?" Looking deep into his eyes she didn't expect a verbal answer to her question as it has already been acknowledged with a nod.

Giving him a suspicious look she leaned down to collect her tools. "But be warned if you seek to go alone. As I suspect you do not know your way around and that partner of yours probably won't either. So I offer to guide. As the last one that gone alone without that knowledge never came back and left one of my bikes like this." 

She told him sternly holding a screwdriver in the direction of the bike she was almost done repairing. It was fully functioning as it seemed, aside from the scratches and marks scattered all over it's side, like it was attack by a beast or rather what once sat on it.

Swallowing hard Toro looked at the woman hesitantly "Well I wouldn't mind your company and a guide would probably be useful. But the task at hand is guild work and i'm a bounty hunter as is my partner. You wouldn't even know what you would get yourself into Darling." Ignoring his last words the small smile left her face and in that was replaced with a thoughtful look. 

"I suppose maybe you tell me then whats your bounty and I shall decide if I can handle it." He was unsure but liked to talk and the company of such a stunning woman was something he could only dream of.

So he set on a flirtatious smile, leaning forward and whispered "Fennec Shand" Knowing that name and the things that woman had done she gave him an unreadable look, her head leaning to the side. 

"Hm. Then it's set I will accompany you and your partner on this hunt to guide you. Just let me make one last adjustment to this one. Oh and I take no imperial credits." 

The mentioning about this partner of his let a shiver run down her spine, the Force reminding her that this was the very sign she waited for. She had a duty to full fill and the Force will be her guide.

...................................................

Edited: 22/11/20