Chapter Six: The Heist

Outer Rim

Outer Rim.

It's been a hours since she first stepped into the Razor Crest, she only left the cockpit once to make herself familiar with the ship. 

They stayed quite after their first conversation died down, by now he trusted her enough to hand her the child as she sat next to him. She handled it better than him, he thought, motherly cradling it in her arms. 

The child slept soundly, as she stroke two fingers carefully over its forehead, dreamily, she looked at it. He may be small, but the Force was strong with it, stronger than she's seen in a while. 

There weren't many trained Force user left, most were either dead or in hiding, much like herself, since the purge they became less and less. But even the smallest can bear great power, much like this one. 

What he needed was guidance through the Force, and Angela believes strongly that that's why she's here, to teach it him as much of the way of the Force as possible. 

The Mandalorian caught himself enjoying her company, it was calming, he hoped she was just a soul whose intentions were of good nature, and no threat he had to fear. 

"What are you planning on doing next?" Her words were spoken quietly, not to wake the child in her arms. 

"I'm taking a job. An old 'friend' of mine. He needs a man and we the money." He answered her in the same tone.

 A hand extending, she leaned down beside her, rummaging through her bag, her staff leaning slightly against it. 

Handing him a little bag, she sighs, "It's not much, probably nothing, but a start. You can keep it, if I stick around I at least can give you that much." She spoke earnestly as he opened the little bag in his lap. 

It truly wasn't much, a few hundred credits or so, it would cover nothing, but it was the gesture that counts. "Won't you need it? After this job I could let you down on whatever planet you like. After all you wanted to leave Tatooine. Right?" 

Shaking her head softly, she leaned back, watching him. "No. I actually would like to stick with you. Like I said, you could need help. And I will stay with the child on your ship as long as you're on this job. I won't hurt it. I couldn't, ever." Her voice grew quiet to the end. 

She was once a mother the Mandalorian reasons with himself, how could she ever hurt a child, it truly sounds impossible. 

He looked at her, she was strong, her every word the solemn truth, it literally screamed that she needed to be a good person, that he should trust her so much. 

Even the child seemed to enjoy her company, it never looked so at peace, like she took away all it's fears and struggles. 

"For now you can stay. After this,.. we'll see. But you're right stay in the ship after we talked to them, let them know you're with me. After that make sure he's hidden, don't talk to anyone and don't let them on the ship."