Chapter Thirteen: The End?

Nevarro

Nevarro.

They found the lava river, sadly the R2 unit inside the boat was fried, the men tried to push it into the river but it stuck to the stone they stood upon. 

Angela watched them, laying her hands on their shoulders to stop them from trying. "Step back." 

They did as told and she turned one of her Lightsabers on, it hissed loud, she made quick work as she swung it along the side of the boat, turning it off, she raised a hand and pushed the boat softly away. 

Cara gave her a thumbs up and the two men nodded, appreciating the help. Carefully they climbed into the boat, not touching it, Angela lend Cara a hand, after all she still carries the child. 

"Watch your feet. It's molten lava." 

She wasn't sure if it was an attempt of a joke or the the Droid really just stated the obvious, Cara, though got easy fed up by it and retorted in a snarky tone.. "No kidding." 

As they were all in, Angela stood before an old R2 unit, watching as it woke out of its slumbering state, she was surprised it still works. Her partners were wary, as they heard the beeping and whirring, they pointed their blaster at it. 

A bit shocked, she stumbled back, what she didn't expect was for it to have arms and legs it could stand on, certainly something she hadn't encountered before. 

"I don't suppose anybody here speaks droid?" The Mandalorian asked them, slowly Angela raised a hand, still staring at the Droid. "It wants to know where we wish it to bring us." 

Their eyes stayed on the Droid, Greef answering it with a look of horror on his face. "Down river. To the lava flat." The Droid beeped again and starts to move the boat. 

Angela positioned herself between Mando and Cara, The Mandalorian tried to make conversation to understand more about her but wanted to approach it slowly. "So you understand Droid, Why?" 

She eyed him, not expecting him to try and make small talk now, or ever, he was very stiff but after all they don't move fast, the way may not seem too long but it would take a while to reach daylight. 

"I learnt it as a child, it's useful." The Mandalorian nodded awkwardly. 

"Sounds logical... Where did you grow up?" He tried to get off the Droid topic, thinking the woman wasn't catching up on what he wanted to archive, an attempt at gaining information. 

He was a bit startled as Cara leaned forward, catching his glance as she scrunched up her face on what he was doing. 

It was a miserable attempt, Angela didn't look Caras way, giving him a piece of her life wasn't that bad an idea in their situation, instead she graced him with a knowing smile, answering his question.