Chapter Nine: Nevarro

Razor Crest.

The Ugnaught whose name she found out to be Kuiil , loaded his Blurrgs onto the Razor Crest. Now they were ready to leave for Nevarro, together.

*~*

Angela worked silently on her staff, fixing and adjusting some minor things. Cara and Mando sat across from her, arm wrestling. 

"I got you, Mando." They were equal, their hands almost didn't move. 

"Care to double the bet?" 

Angela had her head down as she felt something tug on her mind, the Force around moved differently, darkly, Cara began choking, confirming her dark thoughts, she dropped what she was doing and rushed over. 

The Mandalorian looked frantically between Cara and the child, as the latter balled his raised hand into a fist. 

Angela sprung to action, but Mando was closer, instantly at the child "No! No, no! Stop! We're friends, we're friends. Cara is my friend!" 

Angela was at Caras side, kneeling down beside her. "That is not okay!" 

"Hmm. Very curious." The Ugnaught stated. 

"Curious? It almost killed me!"

"The story you told me of the Mudhorn now makes more sense." 

Angela was troubled, she couldn't expose herself or the child, but they already knew, just didn't understand.

The Mandalorian was painfully obvious too his encounter with the force, she was scared of telling them the truth, it was far too dangerous. 

"What is it?" 

"What it is, I don't know. But what it does, this This I've heard rumors of." 

She couldn't dare take a risk, not when the Empire lurking in every corner of the galaxy, not when she couldn't entirely trust them. 

So she didn't and kept quiet, her head hanging low picking up her staff, sorrow overcoming her as it had been a very long time since she could openly present herself as what she is, it all not more than distant memories of easier times. 

Angela didn't listen further to Kuiils and Caras banter, to deep in thought, only as he spoke directly to her did she perk up. "You understand, knowing more than you let on." 

The woman tilted her head in respect at the Ugnaught, "I'm sorry Ugnaught, but I know of no such things, you must be misaken."

 She hated to lie, but learned long ago that it was the best chance of survival in a world that wouldn't welcome her for a very long time.