Chapter Eight: Together

   Outer Rim, Razor Crest.

The child slept soundly in its seat, leaving the ship in a very much welcome quiet. 

The Mandalorian pushed some buttons, Angela watching him, both their attention shifted as a holo transmission popped up. 

"My friend, if you are receiving this transmission, that means you are alive. You might be surprised to hear this, but I am alive too. I guess we can call it even." It was the same man than earlier, but a different transmission. 

Angela lean forward. "A lot has happened since we last saw each other. The man who hired you is still here, and his ranks of ex-Imperial guards have grown." She frowned, eyes drifting to the child. 

They wanted it, the Empire or what's left of it, they knew it's Force sensitive. 

She wasn't sure if that's why the Mandalorian saved it or just because it is a helpless child, either way she was happy he did, she wouldn't dare think what they would've done to it. 

"They have imposed despotic rule over my city, which has impeded the livelihood of the Guild. We consider him an enemy, but we cannot get close enough to take him out. If you would consider one last commission, I will very much make it worth your while. You have been successful so far in staving off their hunters, but they will not stop until they have their prize. So, here is my proposition. Return to Nevarro. Bring the child as bait. I will arrange an exchange, and provide loyal Guild members as protection." She raised a brow, this smells of trap, but she's wouldn't be the one to decide their fate. 

"Once we get near the client, you kill him, and we both get what we want. If you succeed, you keep the child and I will have your name cleared with the Guild, for a man of honor should not be forced to live in exile. I await your arrival with optimism." 

Angela slumped back, Mando slowly turning to the sleeping child, its soft snores warming hearts, till he looks at Angela. 

"Don't you look at me like that, you already made up your mind. So what choice do I have, I will accommodate you, of course, ain't got nothing left to loose anyway." Her voice was firm, he couldn't say anything against it, if she wanted to come with him nothing could stop her. 

But something minor also gained his attention, she sounded surprisingly mocking, a personality trait of hers he had not yet encountered, shows she grows more comfortable around him.

"I met some others aside from you. We'll ask them for help." She nodded in approval. 

The Mandalorian turned to his consoles, changing coordinates.