Chapter Seven: The Ambush

Razor Crest.

Angela zoomed back in to the world around her, she gave the child a pat on the head before the Mandalorian closed the hatch. 

He watched them interact, like they spoke trough gestures with each other, a silent understanding. 

Angela spun around as she heard Burg throw heavy boxes. 

"Z, are you sure they can't see us?" Spoke Mayfeld into his comms. 

"The Razor Crest is scrambling our signature and I am inside the prison system. It's impressive that this gunship had survived the Empire without being impounded." 

Eyes slightly widen, Angela looked up at Mando, the taller man not noticing. A prison ship, they were rescuing someone out of a prison ship of the new Republic

She couldn't let that happen, betray what she once helped create and just standing by, staying silent, letting them do this would make her an accomplice. 

"All right, we got a job to do. Mando, you're up." The Mandalorian did as told and knelt down to open their way in, as he did so, Angela knelt beside him, whispering in hushed tune. 

"This ship belongs to the new Republic. I was apart of the galactic Republic and the Rebellion, helping this idea become reality. I can't let you do this Mandalorian, whoever they want to rescue, he there's no use to it." She had a firm grip on his arm, her eyes travelling from his helmet to the whispering people behind her. 

He shed his eyes from his wrist, pushing buttons, to his arm and resting on the serious woman holding onto him." Don't worry about it, they don't know you're here." 

Looking back at him, she shook her head, "That's not the point Mandalorian,... Just make sure to not hurt anybody and keep the cell doors closed." She compromised with him. 

"Trust me. The ship is manned with droids, none's gettin' hurt. You have my word." Letting her head hang loosely, she nodded, this would need to work for now. 

She let Mando do his work, as the others walked to him, she left. 

Leaning on her staff, she let herself slowly slide down the wall the child was behind, sitting criss-crossed, she laid her staff onto her lap, both hands keeping a firm grip. 

She connected herself to the Force, feeling her surroundings, her eyes slowly close. She took in a deep breath, as the voices faded from her ears. 

She felt the childs heart beat reaching out to it, she calmed it with her own steady one to concentrate. 

She felt a connection to him, but none strong enough to get an understanding of him or what he tried to tell her trough the force, it was never her greatest strength and she knew it. A flaw she never could get rid of.