Chapter Twelve: The Armorer

Nevarro.

Cara, Greef and Angela walked through the sewers of Nevarro, Cara carrying the child and Greef guiding the group with a flashlight. 

Angela walked at the far end, a big smile on her face as she heard footsteps approach, the others turned in panic, thinking the Stormtroopers had found them. 

As they saw that it were Mando and IG-11, they made their way over to them, Cara handing the Droid the child.

Angela stood back, as the others helped the Mandalorian walk, she approached them before they could walk off. 

"I was right, death doesn't want you yet." The Mandalorian let go of a pained chuckle, he liked her, she gave him hope, when he believed to die she didn't. 

They aimlessly rounded some corners, Angela going last in case the Trooper found them. They stopped as Greef let go of Mando, turning to the group. "Do you know which way to go?" 

"No. I don't know these tunnels. I've only entered from the bazaar." The Mandalorian grunted, he was still in great pain, they walked right, rounding another corner. 

"Well, if we get the smell of sulfur and we follow it, it'll lead us up to the plains where the river flows." Greef suggested but was quickly shut down by Mando. 

"And the Imps will catch us before we make it to the ship. We need the Mandalorians to escort us to safety." 

Angela tried to reach out again but there was no living soul in reach, she couldn't find the Mandalorians, but she wasn't entirely certain, it was overshadowed by the lingering darkness. 

"Stop. I can stand." The Mandalorian let go of Cara and Greef, the bacta infusion working fast on him. 

"I'll try to find tracks." He pointed to their left, walking free now. "We're close."

"Turn here." It wasn't far anymore and not even a minute later they stood in a room, the armor of Mandalorians piled up on the ground. 

Now she knew why she couldn't reach them, there was nothing left to. 

Mando knelt before the pile, taking one of the helmets in his hands, they were his family, all he had. 

Angela knew what he feels, she felt the same the day the younglings were killed, she was only six back then and now she's the last of them. 

"You go. Take the ship. I can't leave it this way." He said, his voice growing darker as he turned to Greef. "Did you know about this? Is this the work of your bounty hunters?" anger boiling up in him.