𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙖-[𝙚]

"i don't wannnaaaa" ethan whines holding me tighter, his lips leaving wet kisses on my neck making me giggle

"you have to ethan, it's getting late and i have work tomorrow" i explain, running my fingers through his soft locks. he groans into my neck before pulling away with a frown.

"fine, but i'm coming over later" he says and i nod with a smile, giving him a quick kiss before pushing him out the door.

while i was getting ready for bed, my phone rang from across the room. thinking it was ethan, i roll my eyes with a smile before walking over and checking the id.

grayson?

"hey gray what's up-"

"y/n! ethan's in t-the hospital. he got into a car crash and i-i don't know what's going to happen" he cries out, chocking on his words.

my mouth drops and my eyes water, ethan's in the hospital. i quickly grab my keys and drive to the location he was at, keeping grayson on the phone until i got there.
-
"y/n" grayson cried when i walked through the doors, hugging me while crying into my shoulder. i couldn't help but let some tears roll down my face too, not knowing how bad of a condition ethan is in.

"h-hey it's okay gray" i sniffle pulling away and wiping his tears with my thumb. i then bring him over to the front desk and i ask for ethan.

"ethan dolan is currently not available right now ma'am." she tells me but grayson just shakes his head, about to burst into more tears.

"b-but you don't understand. i'm his girlfriend and he's his brother-"

"ma'am i'm sorry but the doctors need to work, you are more than welcome to wait in the waiting room and we'll call you when they're done." she assures and i just nod, bringing grayson to one of the chairs and sitting him down.

"grayson" i whisper and he hums, just starring at the floor with glossy eyes. "how bad was he?"

he lets out a shaky breath, putting his head in his hands and whimpering. "he was all bloody y/n, unconscious and almost lifeless..some drunk driver h-hit him close to home in the neighborhood and i tracked ethan down on my phone."

we both sit there in silence, not really knowing what to say. i ran my fingers through my hair and sighed.

"he'll be fine grayson, he's strong."
-
"y/n y/l/n and grayson dolan?" the lady at the front called, waking me up from dozing off in the chair. i woke up grayson who had fallen asleep on my shoulder and brought us over.

"come with me" she says and i nod, following her down the hallway with grayson nervously behind me, sniffling already.

she brings us into a room with ethan on a hospital bed, all hooked up with some many wires and a cast on his left arm.

"he broke his left arm and fractured a few ribs, he's also not conscious right now. the doctors say he could be in a coma for a couple weeks but chances of him surviving are low" she explains and all i do is nod, not knowing what to say. afraid to open my mouth because then my tears were fall.

"his monitor is right there with all his vitals. we'll have nurses come in to check on him but if something happens just push that red button on the wall." she says before heading towards the door, "i'll give you both some alone time."

i thank her quietly, both grayson and i going over to the bed and starring at his state. grayson was the first to break down, his cries triggering mine.

we just held each other for the rest of the night, trying to process the information we were given.

not having ethan in our lives would definitely have a huge impact. but there was nothing we could do but have faith in him.

-one month later-

ethan hasn't woken up yet, but that doesn't stop me from coming everyday of the week to see and talk to him.

grayson comes in the mornings since i have work and then i meet him at the hospital during the afternoon. i end up staying late at night with ethan and send grayson back since he hasn't been getting sleep.

"hey bup" i whisper holding ethan's cold, pale hand. running my thumb over his skin and starring at his iv.

"it's been a rough month without you if i'm being honest" i dryly chuckle, sniffling a little while wiping my eyes.

"i-i..i got that promotion i was telling you about the other day. and you and grayson hit 10 million, baby." i smile softly, watching his breath slowly. his chest rising up and down ever so slightly, it was almost hard to tell if he was breathing sometimes.

-three months later-
"y/n you should get home, it's almost midnight" grayson tells me, sitting in the hospital chair while holding his brother's hand.

"i'm not tired" i lie but soon after yawn. maybe i was tired, i haven't been sleeping for a month.

"here" he says digging through his wallet, handing me a $20 bill. "get an uber home and i'll see you tomorrow okay?"

i just nod before giving him a hug and leaving, glancing an ethan with a frown, trying not to cry.

-two months later-

waking up from another restless night, i roll over and check my phone to see multiple missed calls from grayson. my eyes widen as i call back, changing in the process and getting ready for the hospital.

"he's awake!"
-
"ethan?" i croak seeing him awake, sitting up in his bed and starring at me. grayson was sitting next to him, waving for me to come over.

"i'm sorry..who're you?"