Chapter 3

The clock ticked, marking how seconds passed by without stopping.

Jiyeong sighed, seeing that there was still an hour left before their shift ended.

A week had passed since she had sent the e-mail applying to the job in her favourite company in the world.

"I had my hopes too high, didn't I?"

- Hey, Moon. - she snapped back to the reality when she heard Eunyoung's voice, looking at her - Table 6, iced americano, go.

Nodding, she took the drink, heading towards the said table.

"I shouldn't have written how much I love EM, maybe that sounded so unprofessional."

And then, a phone rang through all the place.

Rushing, she gave the coffee to the customer and went to grab her phone, embarrassed at how Poison by one of her favourite groups, VAV, just sounded out loud in the café.

"Crap! I forgot to mute it!"

- Jiyeong, is everything okay?

Miss Kang came out of the kitchen, worried about the scandal, while the brunette was panting, holding the phone in her hands.

- I-I'm so sorry, Miss Kang. - she apologized, bowing multiple times - I-I thought I-

- Don't worry. - she said, reassuringly, ruffling her hair - Go take the call, I'll send Daeseong to cover you while you answer.

Jiyeong bowed again, thankful, and rushing towards the back exit of the café, sitting on the stairs of the alley.

- I-It's a foreign number.

Breathing heavily, she answered the call, putting the phone in her ear.

- Hello? Is this Miss Moon?

Definitely a foreigner, even if their Korean was perfect.

- Ye-Yes. - she stuttered, almost hitting herself for being nervous, trying to compose herself - Moon Jiyeong.

- Great. - the voice at the other side of the line sighed, as if it was relaxed by the fact it was definitely her - You see, I call you to inform you about our final decision of your application for the Korean division of the EAM.

Her heart was going to explode anytime soon.

- Yeah... Go on.

She didn't know how she could say that without her voice cracking.

- You passed, please meet me at the address I'm gonna send you to your email. - she was shocked while listening to the man - We, as being a pretty recent division, don't have an established headquarters yet, so it'd be in one of the companies headquarters the EAM have been in talks to.

"No way." Was all she thought, still shocked.

- ... May I know which company?

"That sounded collected, well down Ji." She complimented herself.

The voice on the other side laughed, noticing how tensed she was, but there was no mock in his gesture, in fact, is as if he was trying to comfort her and make her feel comfortable.

- JYP Entertainment.

[Time skip until 16:30 p.m., while Jiyeong and Haneul are driving back to their apartment.]

- ARE YOU FREACKING KIDDING ME?! YOU ARE GOING TO BE EVALUATED AT FREACKING JYP ENTERTAINMENT?!

Jiyeong was close to hit her friend with anything that she could reach while driving.

- Yes, YES, and please, calm down, or do you want to die?!

- i'M SORRY OKAY?! BUT GAAAAH! I TOLD YOU THEY WOULD CHOSE YOU!

- I'M NOT CHOSEN, I JUST PASSED THROUGH THE FIRST PHASE!

- STILL IS MORE THAN YOU THOUGHT!

That was true.

- Please, pLEASE, keep it down, I need to park the car.

- Yikes! Aren't you excited?! Didn't I taught you well?!

Jiyeong smiled, turning off the engine, sighing.

- Of course I am... OF COURSE I AM!

With the car safely parked, the brunette proceed to hug tightly her best friend, who laughed and hugged her back.

- I'm so, so proud of you! I can't believe my best friend is going to work at EAM AND with K-Pop idols.

- Woah, hold on, I'm not chosen for the position yet.

- Yet. I'm confident you'll get it, though.

Jiyeong shook her head, smiling, while getting out of the car, locking it once Haneul came out.

- So when do you have to go to Seoul?

The girl laughed, nervous.

- Tomorrow.

- TOMORROW?!

- Tomorrow. - she confirmed, opening the door to their apartment once they reached the floor.

Haneul was trying to process everything.

- Time?

- 11:30 a.m.

- Cool, if we leave soon, we'll arrive by that time.

- 06:00 a.m.

- 06:00 a.m.?! That's too soon!

- No, at 06 a.m. I want you woke up and preparing yourself. - she looked at him, warning the red-haired with her gaze, knowing how a sleepy head he could be - We'll leave at 7, if you are not in the car by then, I'll leave alone.

- Fine, fine! - he whined, sitting on the couch - But, wait, does Miss Kang know about this?

- Yes, I talked with her before leaving. She even wished me good luck and to not worry about the shift tomorrow.

- That woman is too sweet for her own good. - already lied, Haneul turned the TV - Oh, look! Is JYP!

- Tell me they are not talking about their talks with the EAM.

- They are.

Jiyeong sat down on the arm, watching closely.

- "Upon recent talks with the prestigious European company, we decided to take part in the project, as this may be beneficial for our artists respecting the international market and, among all, their evolution."

- He's probably one of the best in the industry.

- Depends. - complained Jiyeong - The way he treats Got7 is... suspicious.

- I know, but maybe, just maybe, you can do something about it.

She couldn't help but laugh, shaking her head.

- I'm not a superhero, you know. Besides, I have to be chosen in order to "do something about it".

- We'll see~ - he winked.

It was quite obvious that the fact that the EAM had intentions of including South Korea in their shows wasn't going to be ignored.

"But still, it's been only a week since the announcement. They should calm down about it before it becomes uncontrollable."

Deciding that overthinking it wouldn't be productive, Jiyeong decided to go and take a shower, thinking about all that had happened during the day.

"So I'm actually a considerable option."

She smiled, happy by the fact that her sketches were appreciated.

In fact, they've been there since the last edition of the EM when before the rehearsals she decided to design how the performances would look on stage.