Chapter 6

Jiyeong stared blankly at the ceiling of her room, still processing what had happened in the last hours.

- So, I was called by the Korean division CEO of the EAM, we met each other at no other place but the JYPE headquarters, I got accepted and, while leaving, we bumped into no other than BamBam, rapper of Got7, and one of the groups that would be into the project along with Stray Kids. - she sighed - And now I have to give a conference about the project of the EAM in South Korea, because apparently that's the stage director's work, and currently I'm waiting for Mister Leblanc's call to receive a proper explanation.

As she said that, her phone started to ring, but this time she waited a few seconds before taking the call, singing softly the lyrics of the song before answering.

- Good evening, Mister Leblanc.

- Good evening, Miss Moon. - Elijah greeted - As promised, I'm calling you to explain the next steps.

- You could start with that conference I'm supposed to give tomorrow.

She heard him sigh, and some shifting.

Probably he was seated in his hotel room.

- Sorry for not telling you before, I got distracted with Mister Brams' call. But who told you about it?

Her cheeks got hotter at the thought.

- BamBam, from Got7.

A soft "oh" could be heard. The CEO probably didn't expect that.

- What a coincidence... but yeah, he was right, you have to give that conference.

- I'm sorry for asking, bu-but shouldn't that be the work of the manager or yours?

Elijah sighed again.

- Yeah, but I have to film the conference, and currently there's only you and me in the Korean division.

Jiyeong's eyes went blank for a second, shocked at that fact, listening to the soft laugh coming from the representative.

- And the other applicants? I can't believe, being a project of the EAM, no one else applied.

- You were the only Korean applicant, though, so I could evaluate you right away. The other applicants will arrive in three days, according to the schedule sent by Mister Brams.

She sat up, paying attention and nodding, even though he couldn't see her.

- I get it, but still, I could film and you could give the conference.

Elijah laughed at her response, making her tense up after realising what she had said.

- I love how natural you are. - he suddenly said, making Jiyeong embarrassed - But consider this as a test about your speech abilities. - she could see him smiling just by the tone he was using - Even though after your little one this morning it was pretty clear you can definitely deliver a speech.

- What if I mess up?

- You won't. - he said confidently - Just be yourself and everything will be perfect!

"What a curious CEO he is."

- Okay, fine, I'll do it.

- Glad to hear that~

- But what I have to say, exactly.

- Just what you know: what we are gonna do, the purpose of the project, how's gonna work... I'll send you in an e-mail all the details about the private documents and stuff.