Chapter 36

Her body was moving at the rhythm of Flower Shower, smiling brightly and lip syncing while Hyuna performed her act on stage, Jiyeong holding tightly her tablet, her eyes sparkling as she saw how the idol and the dancers moved beautifully on the stage.

With the final pose, the song came to an end and the stage turned off, the blue-haired clapping excitedly.

- With a few more light effects, and fixing some of the camera angles, this will be brutal!

- Right?! This is turning soooo well! - Hyuna came down the stage, going to hug her, the stage director embracing her back instantly - Dammit! You even added the flower form in the lights!

- That's thanks to the lighting team.

- But you asked them for it, didn't you? And you are the one who coordinates it in the sequence!

- Teamwork, it's all about teamwork. - Jiyeong insisted.

The younger screamed a bit upon being lifted up of the ground by the black-haired, who stamped a kiss on her cheek, tightening the embrace.

- What are we celebrating?

Chorong entered the room, smiling softly at the sweet sight, approaching them.

- Chorong-unnie! We were celebrating how well Flower Shower's rehearsal went! - explained Jiyeong.

- I'm happy for you. - said the brunette to Hyuna, who hugged her too.

- I've heard that yours are going amazing as well!

- Yeah, thanks to the staff's hard work, this is gonna be our best performance by far. - the leader of Apink looked at Jiyeong, who blushed, kinda embarrassed.

- I hope you are saying that because of how much fun you are gonna have.

- Are you kidding me?! We are creating our performances, every detail we want, every idea we have is brought to life. - Hyuna said - So yes, we are having so much fun!

- Totally agreed with that. - seconded Chorong.

- You should be proud of yourselves. - smiled Jiyeong.

- We are, we are! - assured the oldest.

As the other two were talking excitedly, Jiyeong's eyes focused on the stage.

"Hopefully, this will be the first stage of a new era where you'll have the freedom to decide everything by yourselves."

Suddenly, Milen came into the area, carrying a toolbox.

- Good evening. - he bowed politely - I'm here to do the weekly check of the stage.

- Oh, right, please do so. - nodded Jiyeong, exchanging a smile with her co-worker, who went to do what he said.

[Later that day]

The rehearsals finished for the day.

Jiyeong was putting on her baggy, warm jacket, as it was raining outside, placing everything inside her backpack.

- Jiyeong.

The blue-haired rose her head from her task, finding a worried Hyunjin at the door frame of the staff's room.

- Yeah?

- Have you seen Jeongin?

Her eyes widened.

- Isn't he with you?

- No... I'm so sorry to burden you, but he doesn't answer our calls and-