Chapter 29

The next day, she was in front of the mirror of the bathroom, styling herself, making sure everything looked well.

- Wow, I thought you weren't open to love.

Jiyeong gave an skeptical look to her friend, who was watching with a smirk on her face, resting against the door frame.

- You sure know how to dress.

- Your comment about love was out of context. - she shook her head - Really, people can be friends, just to remind you.

- Hey, they are a lot of people, and you are telling me that out of all those beautiful persons no one caught your attention?

- We have a project to work on. Besides, it's not recommended to choose me as your sentimental other.

At her laugh, Avril shook her head in disbelief.

- You can't be real...

- I think I am. - she said, pinching herself.

The older looked satisfied, giggling softly, approaching her to divide her hair locks properly for the hairstyle to be symmetrical.

- You are so beautiful, did you know that?

Jiyeong laughed, connecting their eyes.

- Says the Goddess herself.

She earned a punch on her arm by the shorter, but she didn't regret what she said.

- The red bomber was a totally wise choice.

- Right? It's really different from my usual formal style I wear to work, plus the ripped light jeans with the military black boots, and then the white with black, long sleeves t-shirt, adding the black belt, it's suitable for a party, isn't it?

- Totally. And the red does an excellent job at giving your hair the main spotlight.

She was right, as Jiyeong's hair, after Kalist's work, was light, frost blue at the top, that, as it made its way to the tip, it evolved in a dark, intense blue, falling gracefully down her shoulders. Her round, big, silver glasses, were on, as she needed them to make sure she was seeing the details correctly.

- Are you going to take a backpack or a bag?

- The backpack, just in case.

- Take the cool one, you know, the black one.

- Why did I know you were going to say that?

Avril laughed, following her to her room, as she needed to gather all her things and put them in the backpack.

- Are you sure you don't want to come? - she gazed at her friend, curious.

- Nah, don't worry about me. - the blonde assured, smiling - Besides, I don't feel too well, so I'd probably be a party pooper if I have a headache or something.

- We can come home sooner.

- I told you that I don't wanna! Now stop persuading me and go before you arrive late to pick Taeseob up!

- Got it, got it, mom.

- And one more thing.

Jiyeong looked at her, curious.

- If you, for any reason, sleep outside tonight, send me a message, okay?

- I don't think that's gonna happen, but okay.

- Being such a party, and thrown by BamBam, I have my doubts.

They both laughed.

- Okay, I have to go, Taeseob just told me he's ready. - the younger said, checking her phone.