Some Assembly Required

It was a beautiful day at Sunnydale High. Parent teacher conferences. Cordelia Chase saw Buffy Summers and came up to her.

"So how is it going?"

"It?"

"Yeah. The conferences."

"Not quite sure. I hope it'll go well."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't want to have to sit through mom's lecture about grades and everything school. It's not like I actually have a future."

"Right. The Slayer thing. Kinda takes a toll on a person."

"Why are you even here talking to me? Shouldn't you be doing whatever you do as a Cordette or something?"

"My parents don't come to these things."

"Lucky."

"Yeah. I guess I am. Aren't I?"

"So if they don't come, why are you here?"

"To hang out and look at horrible, God-awful fashions. What else?"

"I don't know. I thought you were here trying to make small talk with me. You obviously don't care. I'm apparently below you."

"Yeah. You are. But I guess I kinda do feel for you."

Just then, a couple guys came up to them and started taking their pictures.

"Stop it. Just stop! No pictures!" Cordelia ordered them.

They stopped and then left.

It was a dark night. Cordelia was on her way to her car. She dropped her keys. She picked them up. She heard something, so she hid in a dumpster.

When it was silent, she got out.

"Gross!"

She made a face.

She backed off, seeing an arm.

She walked into the library the next day and sat down at the table.

"Come again?" Buffy said.

"What happened, Cor?" Xander asked.

"There's a dumpster full of body parts. It's just gross! Who would do that? Or better yet. What would do that?"

"Why were you by a dumpster?" Buffy asked.

"To hide from whoever. It was dark and I heard something. So I hid. Then I get out and realize it was a dumpster with body parts. Gross! How many times can I say ew?"

"I hear you, Cor. That just makes me sick," Xander said.

"Why would someone chop someone up?" Willow asked.

Buffy shrugged at her best friend.

Giles started setting books down on the table.

"Research?" Buffy said.

"Great!" Willow said.

Willow was the only one that loved research. It was one of her most favorite things to do. She loved learning.

"Well, I don't know about you, but I'm going to class," Cordelia said. She stood up, grabbing Xander's arm. "And so are you," she added.

Willow, Buffy, and Giles watched them as they left hand in hand.

When Cordy was in the girl's locker room, someone slipped a sack bag over her and kidnapped her.

Later that day, a note flew through the window and landed by Buffy's elbow. She read it aloud.

"'We have her. If you know what's good for you, stay away or you're next.'"

"I think I know who it is and where they are. Xander, come with me. The rest of you stay here," the Slayer announced.

Meanwhile, Cordy had just come to. She was blindfolded and tied to an autopsy table.

"Hello?"

It was silent.

"Anyone there?"

Her living younger brother and zombie older brother stood by a shelf. Her zombie brother nodded to him.

"Yes," her younger brother answered her, now standing by her.

He took her blindfold off. "Don't scream."

"Caleb?"

"I'm sorry," he apologized.

Her zombie brother came over.

"Jake?"

"Don't worry. This will only hurt a little."

Her younger brother stepped away.

Jake raised an Axe to cut her head off after blindfolding her.

When he raised it to strike, he was stopped by Buffy's hand on his arm.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you."

She through him with a kick, making him crash into a shelf that had gasoline and candles on it. Caleb ran out.

"Buffy?" Cordy called.

"It's me."

"Thank God."

"Xander is on his way. He's going to get you out of here."

"Where's Caleb?"

"He split. I think I scared him off."

"Good."

Fire started, as the candles and gasoline fell to the floor. Buffy and Jake continued to fight, as the fire rose faster. She gave him a roundhouse kick. He stumbled back a few paces. He charged her. She gave him a kick to the stomach. He stumbled back again.

As their fight continued, Xander arrived. He rolled his girlfriend out of there and then stopped outside. He untied her and took her blindfold off.

"Are you okay?"

"Excluding almost getting my head cut off by Jake? I'm wonderful."

"Great. Wouldn't want you hurt," he said, and then helped her to her feet.

They kissed for a few minutes and then parted.

In the end, Jake was killed by Buffy and everyone was okay.