The Healing Touch

Summary: What if when they came after Faith and when Faith needed help, Cordelia was the only one there? Will Cordelia swallow her pride and fear, or will she let the Slayer get hurt or killed?

It was a dark night, as Faith Lehane fought against a vampire inside an old abandoned apartment. He wore black clothes like most vampires and looked similar to Angel. It wasn't him, though.

Even after becoming The Dark Slayer, she knew what vampire was good and what wasn't. This one was tough. Not to mention an intruder. Someone must've invited him in.

She gave it a flying kick hoping to catch it in the stomach and make it stumble back, but he was quicker. He was vamped out as he caught her ankle in a firm grip that she couldn't twist out of. It had an advantage now. With the hand that held her ankle, it sent her flying, making her crash into and break a bookshelf.

The vampire bent down and grabbed her throat. She kicked it off, sending it stumbling back enough that she was able to grab a piece of wood. She plunged it into his heart and it exploded into dust.

Cordelia Chase was patrolling when she noticed a wounded, hurt Faith slowly making her way down an alley. She swallowed her pride and helped her to the Hyperion. She dressed her stomach wound and then left her on the couch to answer the phone.

Faith walked over to her when she hung up.

"What's wrong?" The Slayer asked.

"A certain source of mine tells me the watchers are coming to kill you. It's up to you what you want to do."

"I know exactly what I'm going to do."

And with that, she watched her go to the door that led to the top of the roof.

"Oh God," she muttered.

It was a dark, stormy night as Faith stood on top of the roof and let them have her. The Watchers shot at her from helicopters with machine guns, as Cordy came up to stand at the door outside, yelling over the weather and noise.

"Faith, what are you doing!?"

"Giving them what they want!"

"Faith, don't do this! You're the best of the best! I believe in you!"

Suddenly, they misfired and without knowing it, accidentally shot Cordy. She hit the pavement.

"C!"

With Slayer ability, she ran towards her.

Once there, she knelt beside her. Cordy lay on her back with a stomach wound.

"What do I do?" Faith questioned.

"Sunnydale...Xander's...wedding...Fellings...Church."

It only took the Dark Slayer a few moments to figure out the meaning and, even after everything, she wasn't going to let Cordelia die because she was afraid to show her face back in Sunnydale.

"Let's go home," Faith said.

With an arm around her, a hand on her stomach wound, she helped her to her feet, using her Slayer strength to hold her up.

It was a dismal, snowy night as Xander and Anya looked at each other, silently trying to figure out where they now stood, after Xander had said he wasn't ready to marry her.

When they heard the door open and the weather, they turned around.

"Cordy!" Xander exclaimed, rushing forward to take her from Faith.

Faith and Anya looked at each other.

"What happened?" Anya asked.

"Watchers want to kill me. They accidentally shot C when they misfired."

Xander knelt on the floor with a hand to Cordy's wound, hoping for her to stay with him. His worried eyes pleaded with her, knowing she understood.

Cordy lay in her ex's arms, silent tears falling, knowing she was dying, but happy that she was dying in Xan's arms.

"I'm...sorry...Xan...I...love...you...Wills...knows...I...forgive...you...both."

Suddenly, a bright light as small as a palm, shone. Everyone watched as it healed her wound. When it was over, everyone except Anya looked puzzled, until Cor got the message when everything clicked. She was still special enough that Doyle had healed her before she died.