Unfinished Business

Summary: After Cordelia dies in a coma, her spirit visits people she loves. Not just Angel. Read to find out who else she visits.

It was a silent night in Cordelia's room, as she still lay there with tubes and machines hooked up to her. But after six months, it wasn't enough for her body to keep fighting. Her spirit didn't leave, though. She came back as solid as normal, after seeing in a vision that he would stop fighting and caring. Angel was already losing himself.

She closed the curtain, as Angel and Wesley came by saying,

"You know, they really don't give the dead any privacy here."

"Cordy?" Angel said. "Is that you?"

"Yep. It's me," she answered, smiling.

She came to work the next morning, only to be greeted with a very loud, "Cordelia, you're back!" and a very happy Harmony she hadn't seen since high school. She hadn't been this happy since high school.

"Yes, Harm. I'm back," she said, as she hugged back.

Later on, Spike tried to bite her. That led to Angel kicking his ass.

The next night, she knew she had Angel back on track. So she went to Sunnydale.

It was a dismal night, as she made her way to where her ex and his girlfriend lived. This time, she let herself be all ghostly-looking.

Xander and Anya walked in.

They saw her.

"Cordy, you're..." he trailed off, unable to say it.

"Cordelia?" Anya said.

"I know, Xander. I'm dead," she replied. "But I came to see you guys before I go. I left my Sunnydale friends for last. I mean, you guys are and will always be my friends. My best friends of all time."

"You died in a coma, didn't you?" Anya guessed.

"Yes. I did. But I came back to see everyone. Angel was first, since he was going to give up what he has been fighting for for centuries."

Anya nodded.

She looked at Xander.

"I'm going to bed. See you there in a few."

She kissed his right cheek before she left.

"So, you two are fiancées. Congrats. I hope you two have a wonderful life together. I came to make sure you understand that I forgive you and Wills."

"Really, Cor?"

"Really. I forgive you."

"Thanks, Cor."

"You're welcome. Well, I guess that's all. Just don't forget that I'll be there for you if you need me."

She shared one last kiss with him, and then she was gone.

Next, she came to Willow.

"Cordelia."

"Hey, Wills. Just thought you should know that I forgive you and Xander of that kiss. I hope you're happy with her. I found that a long time ago to keep people close, because you can lose them in a blink of an eye. Take care of her," she told her. She then left.

Next came the Slayer.

"Buffy," Cordy said, getting her attention.

"Cordelia."

"Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm a ghost. Relax, Buff. I'm not going to go all haunty on you. I just want to talk. I need to tell you that I forgive you of everything in the past. Also, Spike is alive and in LA. Just thought you should know. Well, I better go see one last person, but I'll always be around if you need me. Think of it like me being a Scooby Gang guardian angel."

She disappeared, leaving the Slayer to do her job; destiny; duty; Slayage.

The last person was Soldier Guy. Riley Finn. He was on hunting duty when she came.

"Riley," she said, making him jump.

"Do I know you?" he asked, as he turned to see her.

"No. Not personally. You're the last one for me to see tonight."

"Who are you? What do you want?"

"You've probably heard of me. I'm Cordelia Chase."

"Queen C," he commented.

"Yeah. Just call me Cordelia or Cordy. Whatever floats your boat."

"You're dead, aren't you Cordelia?"

"I am. I'm only here because I need you to go back to Sunnydale. I can't do much as a ghost."

"What do you need from me? Why do I need to go back?"

"Because otherwise, innocent people will die. People I love and you care about."

"Who?"

"Tara, Anya, and Buffy."

That got his complete attention.

"Why will they die?"

"The darkest days of Sunnydale are coming. Battle between good and evil will clash together and they will die. They won't be able to kill all of the creatures off. You must stop it. Or, at least help out. I believe in you, Soldier Boy."

She kissed his cheek and then vanished.

He smiled a little at the nickname. Soldier Boy. He liked that. It suited him.

Several months later, the last battle ended and they all survived, excluding the Potentials. Other than that, they had won the fight. So they lived happily ever after.