Seer To The Rescue

Summary: Set in S6 of Buffy before "Seeing Red". A certain brunette comes to town and tries her best to help out.

A/N: Tara doesn't die.

It was a beautiful day, as Buffy and Xander hugged.

Inside the house, Willow and Tara were talking about magic. Tara thought Willow was addicted to magic. Willow stood in front of the window.

Buffy and Xander let go.

Suddenly, Warren walked into the yard and shot Buffy. He then started shooting like crazy. That's when a brunette grabbed his wrist to try and twist the gun out of Warren's hand. All Xander could do was stare at his ex. It was amazing. She was back in town and trying to save lives. That's when he realized how much she had changed.

Meanwhile, Willow fell to the floor after getting shot and the house caught on fire.

Back outside, Buffy lay on her back also shot, Xander knelt beside her.

"Buffy. Oh God."

He applied pressure to her wound, trying to stop the bleeding.

The Seer tossed the gun, making it land by a faraway table.

"Go away, Warren. If I see you again, you're going to wish you were never born. Got me?"

He nodded, her glaring sending chills down his spine.

"Now get out of here."

He did as she said, running away.

She knelt by the Slayer and felt for a pulse on the side of her neck.

"She's gone," she told him, hand to her side.

He moved to her side.

"You're hurt."

"Shot to be exact."

"I'll get you some help."

He knelt behind her, ready to pick her up.

She leaned back, resting her head on his shoulder.

He looked into her eyes, as she tried to do the same. She was unfocused, though. He could tell. He was determined not to lose her, though. He couldn't lose his Princess. Not like this. He also knew that she was looking to him to save her life like he used to. Her hazel eyes shoe it dimly.

He rushed into the basement where he and Anya lived, carrying an unconscious Seer in his arms. He layed her gently on the bed and then took the kit from under it, as he applied pressure to stop the bleeding, praying for her not to die on him. He lost Buffy twice.

He couldn't watch his Princess die. It would break his heart into a zillion pieces.

A few minutes later, her wound was taken care of.

He checked for a pulse on the side of her neck.

"I'm alive," she said.

He took his fingers away.

Half an hour later, they rushed into the Summers' residence.