The Zeppo

Summary: Post "The Zeppo." Cordelia helps Xander dispose of the bomb. Xander and Anya get hurt. Can Cordelia save the day and save their lives? Will they live? Will they die?

It was a dark night, as Xander Lavelle Harris sped down the road in his blue convertible with zombies running after him. He had what they needed to build a bomb.

When he saw Cordelia Chase walking down the sidewalk, unbeknownst to her that zombies were running up the road, he idled by the curb.

"Get in," he said.

"Why?"

She looked around to see the zombies catching up quickly. She immediately got in and he drove at top speed. His destination was the high school. There was a bomb there that he had to dispose of.

Since his ex was now with him, it was now 'we' instead of just him.

"What's going on?" she asked.

"Zombies are chasing me because I have their supplies.

Apparently, cake is the secret word for bomb. There's one in the basement of the school. We have to get rid of it before it blows the school up."

"Who are those guys?"

"O'Toole and his dead buddies."

As soon as they arrived and had the car shut off, they ran.

They were able to get close to where the door to the basement was before they were surrounded by the zombies.

"I guess play nice wouldn't be a suggestion, would it?" Xander said.

Jack O'Toole stepped forward.

"Let's play a game."

"Game?" he questioned.

"It's called Death."

He pinned the Zeppo to the wall, but not for long. Cordelia Chase kicked him off her ex, making him land on the floor on his back.

"How about we call it I'm Going To Kick Your Ass?"

"You're going to pay for that, bitch."

"Try me."

Xander grabbed her arm.

"Let's not encourage them. Just run."

Once charged forward, but was kicked to the floor by Anya Jenkins.

"Go. I'll hold them off as long as I can," Anya told them.

As soon as they were in the basement, they started searching for the bomb. They had to find it. They had more than their own lives to save. They had the Scoobies, Anya Jenkins, and whoever else was in the school to save.

Jack came down the stairs. Xander always trying to be the hero, charged him and they fought. She watched for a few moments before searching for the bomb.

A few minutes later, she found it. She tried to figure out which cord to cut when she heard footsteps, as someone stumbled back a few paces. She stood up and turned around to see Jack with a knife in his hand, Xander looking at him with a hand to his lower stomach. That's when she knew what had happened. She looked around for a weapon.

Suddenly, the bomb went off. It blew Jack up in smell pieces. Xander and Cordelia were thrown in different directions and buried by the debris and cement pieces.