You Know Everything Will Be Alright, When Your Ex Still Cares About You

It was a beautiful day, as Cordelia Chase came downstairs to seat herself at her office desk. She had done this job for just a little over a year now. She was practically the secretary and phone answerer. Whatever that combination was called.

Doyle came in to start his part of the job. His part seemed easy enough, but wasn't. He was half human half Bracken Demon with painful visions, which was called being a Seer.

"Mornin' Princess," he greeted Cordelia Chase.

"Morning," she greeted back with a smile. She didn't care that he was half demon. She had accepted his full breed after he showed and told her about it. He was also Irish. She still cared about him. She had once told him that his "Irish accent is sexy."

He had just come up to her desk, when it suddenly hit him. A vision.

She was instantly at his side.

As his hands went to his temples, she helped him into a chair.

After it had ended, she knelt by him.

"What did you see?"

He looked at her as he answered her. "A group of demons. All scaly and wa'er friendly. T'ey are af'er a girl."

Angel came up from his dungeon.

"Then let's go."

He grabbed his sword and all three went out to fight the demons and save the girl.

It was a dark night, as they wandered the streets of L.A. This wasn't the first time. They did it a lot. They were a team. They stuck together like family. They were together around eighteen hours a day.

It wasn't long before they located the deserted part of town. The girl ran off as Doyle and Angel started fighting the demons. Cordelia took out Angel's sword he always armed her with.

As she stared at the demons they were fighting, she had a memory from sophomore year of high school. Guys on the swim team were turning into scaly demons like these. They loved water, too. She had been dating Xander back then.

"It can't be," she muttered to herself.

Just as she was getting ready to throw herself into the fight, she watched as Angel and Doyle were killed with a scaly tail through their hearts.

"No!" she yelled, charging towards them with the sword ready to be used.

They tried to back off, but she swung the sword left and right, killing them all in just a few minutes' time.

It was a beautiful day in Sunnydale, as the former Queen C parked in front of Xander's place.

She took a breath and then strode up to the door and knocked.

She only had to wait a few minutes before he answered the door.

"May I come in?" she gloomily asked her ex.

"Of course. You're always welcome. You know that, Cor."

He let her in.

"What's wrong, Cor?"

She sat on the bed.