End of Days/Chosen (2nd revised version)

Summary: Just a one-shot. Cordy kills Caleb before he can kill Buffy and Xander.

A/N: The Potentials weren't summoned to come help.

It was a dark night, as Cordelia Chase ran through the cemetery towards the Pagean Temple. She wasn't going to let Caleb kill Buffy and Xander. They weren't going to die if she could help it.

Caleb was choking the Slayer to death, until Cordelia pulled him off by his color and kicked him in the stomach.

"Stay the hell off her."

"And who the hell are you?"

"Cordelia Chase. Xander's ex. Now with the hell with you."

She cut him in half with the scythe. She then dropped it and ran towards the blond. She then knelt beside her.

"Buffy?" she called.

The Slayer lay on her back on the ground.

She put a couple finger to her neck and then took them away.

She felt for any injuries or wounds. All she saw was a scratch on her forehead and on each cheek.

"Buffy, can you hear me? It's Cordelia."

The Slayer groaned and her head moved.

She slowly opened her eyes and looked up at her.

"Cordelia, what are you doing here?"

"Doyle had a vision. Are you okay?"

"I'll heal."

"You can go. I killed Caleb for you. I'll check on Xander. We're not in a position to argue. This place is bursting into flames."

She helped the Slayer up.

Buffy ran out, as the Drama Queen rushed over and knelt by Xander. She then gently slapped his cheek to wake him up.

He groaned, coming to.

When he saw her, he thought he was seeing things, but he knew he couldn't be.

"Cordy?"

"Hey, Xan. Are you alright?"

"I think so."

"Good. It's time to run."

She helped him up and then they ran.

Half an hour later, everyone sat on the couch.

"So you're back?" Anya had to ask the former Cordette leader.

"No. I only came to save Buffy and Xander from Caleb killing them. I don't belong in this group anymore."

Before she left the house, they all hugged her. Willow, Buffy, Faith, Anya, Spike, and then Xander. They then watched as she left the house, closing the door behind herself.