Graduates of '99

It was a dark night, as Cordelia Chase waited for her bus to pick her up and take her to LA. She wanted to try and become an actress. After all, she had nowhere to go. She was graduated. She didn't have to stay in Sunnydale anymore. She just hoped her ex wouldn't get himself killed or hurt without her around to help him think before acting.

Stop it. Don't think about him, she scolded herself silently.

Just then, he came up to sit beside her on the bus stop bench.

"Go away. Please. I don't want to talk," she told him.

"Cordy, I'm sorry. Let me explain. What you saw wasn't what you think. Yes. We kissed. But we thought we were going to die. It was just a one time thing. Please forgive me, Cor. I love you. I can't lose you. Not now. Not ever."

She looked at him.

"I'm sorry I didn't let you explain, Xan. I was just hurt," she replied.

"Yeah. I get that."

"I forgive you."

"Is this us getting back together?" he asked.

"Yes. Now shut up and kiss me," she answered.

Then they were kissing.

A few minutes later, they pulled away to look at each other.

"Let's get out of here," she replied.

He nodded.

They stood up hand in hand.

They smiled as they walked away, hand in hand.