Escape Of Her Life

Summary: Set in S1E1 "City Of" in Angel and S4 of Buffy. What if Cordelia had come back to Sunnydale after her actress career failed?

It was a dark night, as Cordelia Chase sat in front of a desk. Some guy named Mr. Winters said he could help her get some fame and fortune. Now she sat with him in his office.

When she started looking around, she realized what he was.

She stood up and walked backwards away from him and towards his bookshelf and then, once she stood beside it, she stopped.

"Wait a minute! You're a vampire!"

"What? No I'm not. I don't know what you're talking about."

"I'm from Sunnydale. You don't fool me. You don't have any mirrors and the windows are covered. I know a vampire when I'm... alone...with one."

He stood up.

"Good. Then we can skip the introductions."

He vamped out.

Cordelia Chase ran out of his office, as he chased after her.

She ran down the hallway and started towards the stairs, but his minion vampires were coming up them. It was like a palace. It had two staircases. She stood on the balcony and looked around for a plan. She had to be fast. She couldn't fight them off without any weapons. Not without getting hurt or killed. She wasn't a Slayer.

One vampire came at her and she pushed it away. There was a piece of the railing that she could break off. It was made of wood.

She broke it off and kicked up with her knee, connecting it to his lower stomach. She then staked it. All of them came at her full force. She started kicking them one, sometimes two, at a time. She then started staking them.

It wasn't long before Mr. Winter's minions were goners after meeting Mr. Pointy for the first and last time.

Mr. Winters came at her and they fought. She kicked him in the groin, making him growl in pain. She then staked him.

It was a dark night, as she drove her 1999 Jeep Wrangler to Sunnydale the best she could. She needed help. Willow could help her. She had killed them all, but Mr. Winters had hurt her, even though she hadn't shown it to him. She could only drive with one arm and leg. Plus, her stomach hurt.

An hour later, she slowly walked up to the Sunnydale, California University. She knew if they weren't busy, she would run into one of them in the halls.

She leaned on the railing with her good arm, taking a break. She had to climb the stairs to find Buffy and Willow's room.

Forty minutes later, she was upstairs. She leaned on a wall and closed her eyes, wincing from the pain. She had to find out which door held Willow and Buffy.

She opened her eyes and slowly walked like before.

She looked left and right for signs of lights on.

Suddenly, she fell to the floor. Someone strong kept her from hitting the floor, though. Yet, she hadn't heard anyone. She looked at the hands around her. Male. The only guy she knew from the gang came to mind.