Destruction

Summary: Buffy is dead. Bringing her back didn't work. The PTB bring Cordy back to life. Darla is good. Tara and Anya never died. Spike has a soul. Xander and Anya are still exes. Faith is the only Slayer left. Xander never lost his eye. Destruction from an earthquake starts up. Will it stop, or will our heroes have to stop it? Set somewhere after "End of Days", but Sunnydale still stands.

It was dark night. Xander, Anya, Willow, Tara, and Dawn were patrolling in the graveyard while Faith and Spike were in Spike's crypt in his bed making out. Harmony and Darla were alone in Sunnydale in separate areas.

Xander stopped, seeing someone lying by a headstone. The others did likewise. Without a word, he ran towards her, leaving the others in the dust sort of speak.

He knelt beside her.

She lay on her back, apparently out cold. He looked at her. He couldn't believe it. He was amazed. She was back. She was alive.

Three years later, and she was brought back to life by the Powers That Be. It was his wish come true.

"Cordy, can you hear me? It's me, Cor."

The others caught up with him and stood behind him.

"Cordelia?" Willow questioned.

"Yeah. It's her," Anya replied, seeming not surprised.

"W-what's she d-doing here?" Tara asked, having heard about her.

"So this is Cordelia," Dawn commented.

Xander Harris gently pulled his Secret Eyes into his arms.

That's when she came to.

"Sunnydale? I thought I was supposed to wake up in L.A."

"Nice to see you too, Cor," he said with a cocky grin. The one he used back when they had all still been in high school.

"What are you doing alive?" Anya asked.

"The Powers brought me back."

"Are you okay?" Xander asked.

"Yes."

She sat up.

She started to get up and he helped her.

"I've heard a lot about you," Dawn announced.

"I know. I was watching over everyone."

"E-everyone?" Tara asked.

"Yes, Tara. Angel, Wesley, Gunn, Fred, Spike, Harmony, Lilah, Faith, and you guys. But that didn't stop anyone from dying. I was a PTB. The Powers aren't allowed to interfere."

Suddenly, the ground began to tremble and crack non-stop. As everything fell around them and the earth cracked, they lost their balance.

"Will and Tara, go find Darla! She has a soul now! Anya and Xander go find Harmony! Dawn's with me! Dawn and I will go find Faith and Spike! We'll all meet back at Xander's basement! Now go!" Cor called over to them over the noise.

Everyone obeyed her, crawling over to each other and then doing their best to walk.

Cordy knelt in front of the former Key after crawling over to her.