Together We Help One Another

Summary: Set somewhere in S6. Anya and Xander are broken up, Tara and Willow are together, Buffy and Spike are together, Dawn has a crush on Spike, and Giles is retired and living in England. What happens when a certain brunette comes to their first high school reunion? What happens when a disaster strikes?

Cordelia Chase

It's a dark night, as I enter the crowded gym of the newly built Sunnydale high school. It's been three years, but I'm the one that has changed the most. There was a time in high school when I was a bitch, but I've changed in so many ways.

When I see them, old memories come flooding back. Buffy, Xander, and Willow are at the food stand with Spike, Anya, and a couple girls I've never seen before. The only change in the small group is Giles being absent and Anya, the unfamiliar girls, and Spike being there.

Xander wears blue jeans and a blue t-shirt, while Anya wears a flowered blouse and low heels with her blond hair down. Buffy wears a blue dress and low heels with her blond hair down, while Spike wears his usual black leather jacket, black pants and shoes, and has the same bleach blond hair that's a little spikey. Willow wears a light-colored dress with low heels and her red hair down. I walk towards them in my red dress and low heels. My brunette hair is down and my purse is slung over my right shoulder. Harmony Kendall is at my right side with her blond hair down. She wears a blue t-shirt and white tennis shoes with blue jeans. She's my best friend and a good vampire, though she doesn't have a soul.

"Are you sure about this, Cordelia?"

"Yes. Don't worry. They won't kill you in front of everyone," I reply.

We stop in front of them and they look at us, as I smile warmly at them. I see them as my friends after everything we've been through together.

"Hey, guys," I greet cheerfully.

"Cordelia," Buffy greets back.

"Glad to see you again," Willow greets.

"I didn't know you were coming," Anya greets.

"Welcome back to the Hellmouth," Xander greets.

"Well, will you look what the bloody Hellmouth drug in," Spike says.

"It's wonderful to see you all again," I say.

"Why's she here?" Buffy asks.

"Because this is a high school reunion and she was our classmate," I answer.

"I'll go mingle with the others," Harmony announces, before walking away.

"So, would you like to catch me up on what I've missed?" I ask them.

"Of course," Willow replies.

Willow Rosenburg

I look at Cordelia, as we fill her in one by one. Then I introduce her to Tara.

"Cordelia, this is Tara. My girlfriend. Tara, this is Cordelia. She's an old classmate of ours."

"Nice to meet you, Tara. I'm happy for you. I was popular, rich, cheer captain, and a total bitch back in high school. I've changed, though," she summarizes.