Chapter 3 (Seth) - Three may keep a Secret...

April 13th, 2032
Seattle, Washington

Seth Lykoudis was eating breakfast with his three friends at The University of Seattle. Two of them would be headed to the airport soon so he wanted to spend some quality time with them beforehand until they left. Cynthia Thomas and Richard Barnard became acquainted with him as soon as he transferred from UCLA and were instant friends since they shared classes together. His third friend, Alexander Miller, was his roommate. After graduating with his Bachelor's in Anthropology from UCLA, he continued on with his Master's and PhD in Archaeology. Being 25 years old, he used his smarts and experience to obtain his goals. Both Cynthia and Richard were getting PhDs in Archaeology as well; hers in Underwater Archaeology with a minor in Marine Biology, and his in Medieval Europe and the Knights Templar. The three of them knew of Seth's mentor, Dr. Arastoo Safavi. Alex, being the outlier, was studying to become a pilot. He already had numerous hours of flight time and luckily had his own plane. The four of them was inseparable. Which was why it was hard to see Cynthia and Richard go. When opportunity comes knocking, you have to answer. Cynthia was one of the few students chosen world wide to test out a new submarine that will finally allow people to check out the Titanic on the 120th Anniversary of the sinking. Richard was called to check out a potential Knights Templar fort in Ireland. Seth told them about Arastoo's message to him and they all know that something happened during Arastoo's expedition to Iran. No one was telling them what exactly occurred except that there were "casualties". This got them all worried.

"I have been desperately trying to get answers from anyone that I can!" Seth told them, "They have all been tight lipped about what went down in the Zagros Mountains. Arastoo sent me a message two nights ago saying that he was feeling like he made a mistake and that the expedition might turn bad. I don't understand! If he saw trouble coming, then why did he not call for help! Instead he contacts me! He told me that loves me! He has never said that to me before! It has to mean something!"

Arastoo was like a third father to Seth. His father was an actor from Greece and his mother was an archaeologist from Egypt. They both met and fell in love in New York City but then moved and lived in Los Angeles where they would eventually have Seth. Ten years ago they both died in a car accident due to a drunk driver. His father's best friend, Michael, who was an actor too, took Seth in and became a Senator because of the crash. Since Micheal and his wife, Kamaria, were his Godparents, they took care of Seth. Unfortunately they could not have any kids of their own so raised and treated Seth like their son. Seth missed his parents but loved his Godparents just as much. Like his mother he decided to go to school to become an archaeologist. Right away he fell in love with one of his professors, Dr. Arastoo Safavi. Arastoo, also not having any kids, treated him as such, taking Seth under his wing, and becoming his full time mentor. That all made his undergraduate years fantastic!

"They are delaying for a reason!" Richard banged his fists on the table. "No way can they not know what is going on! Something does not seem right."

"I am sure that they just want to make sure that they have all of the facts and conduct a proper investigation before speaking out and releasing any information." Cynthia reassured Seth and placed a hand on his. "Maybe they suspect foul play. Judging by his message to you, that seems to be the case."

Seth held her hand and looked into her eyes, as blue as the oceans she was obsessed with. He had feelings for Cynthia but he could never truly fall in love with her. In a way, he knew the same was true for her. Much like there was something holding him back, there had to be something holding her back. He could never move on with anyone because he still cared for another. Some time after starting his undergraduate education, he met the love of his life and his soulmate. Totit Lee had shared many classes with Seth in her pursuit of getting a degree in Primatology. Even though she was adopted by Chinese parents who worked and dealt with animals, Totit knew that she was of African descent and Asian descent, most likely Japanese, according to one of those DNA tests. It was those physical features that got Seth first attracted to her. Seth being mixed as well had a dark and Middle Eastern features. It was love at first sight, for the both of them. Once he got to know her, that was the beginning of the end. The two were inseparable. They introduced each other to both of their families. Everything was going great, until their educational ambitions got in the way.